Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ekmek
    replied
    Ok the link is now updated. and here's the latest screenie (also in sig though)

let me know if anything stands out.

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    I'm working on yet another update. I'm using the border spill over efect to allow for beaches to be plains, desert, glacier, and grassland. i think it adds more variety and makes it look natural.

I still have some touch ups to do then I'll post but here is a preview.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    May 13, 2005 File is done. It restores the old improvements and I have added my improvement (now improved) as additional files.

If you want to play with my new improvements copy the tileimp.txt into your gamedata folder. Note this is for the original game, (I'll make an AoM, CTC, Cradle version soon, probably before I finish the sprites )

Also Note I've made a lot of terrain-unique graphics for farms anmines especially, so plains and grassland etc have different graphics and so on. I wanted a little variety in the improvements as you invade the AI

sample below. You can Download them in my Signature!

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    No, there were different ones for grass and plains which I saw, but I didnt check if you did it for every farm/adv farm on those 3 farmable terrains, so thats why I asked.

That should be fine, like I said a while back im not sure about covering the whole terrain square with any tile imp, but different farms means you can quickly tell what the terrain is so.

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    farm/adv farm for grass/plains/desert should be different. I edited the tileimp to show the differences, but maybe since you are using a game started with a different txt it keeps the old one?

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    Maybe take some time to get used to but wouldnt be confusing. In a way it helps though, because the farms that take up the whole tile you cant see what terrain is underneath without right-clicking, but with a different farm you can tell. Is there a different farm/adv farm for grass/plains/desert though? Hydro farms should be the same on all terrain.

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    yeah I left the nets and underwater stuff (will try later). Did you like how I have different farm and mine types for different terrain types? Or was it too confusing?

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    Yeah that tile file and tileimp.txt worked fine on every tile imp. I was seeing the original nets and maglevs, I guess those were left on purpose though, so everything I saw fine. Didnt test the underwater imps but I assume those were left originals too.

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    Maq, since you have a game with a lot of imps could you test out my tiles (again) I included a tileimp.txt that maps to my new graphics. I think they all work but just to be sure.

thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    Started testing and I think there is a limit around 876 for TileSet Index...

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    Thanks guys,

I tried it again and I did see some weird stuff. I added a farm using the scenario editor and it was placing the City Slave graphic, which I DIDNOT put in my file.

I'll mess around again and 'm going to test these possible problems:

Pure Black
    TileIndex Number
    Using different tile ID for same tileimp but different for each terrain

If you have any other tips let me know.

Leave a comment:

• The Big Mc
    replied
    Look for pure black. this some times caouses the game to crash

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    I loaded a game where the only tile imps visible were roads and trading posts this didnt crash, but then again it did crash when i tried to place some more trad posts with the scen editor. Also when i switched to another player in the scen editor which I knew had farms and mines the game crashed to desktop straight away.

Trading posts werent showing properly when i loaded the game, not sure what it is in their place and why theyre moved NW. Ill have more time to mess with it on sunday or monday if you havent fixed it by then.

Perhaps if tileimp.txt is the problem you should try adding one at a time and try it out, but it could be the 800-900 range that could be the problem like you said because only the roads show properly, which are the original numbers. Is there any reason why you didnt use 700-800?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    I've done a version with the old Ctp2 tile improvements. I added my new tiles at the end and tried to just make a tileimp.txt "patch" for those that want to use my new imps but I'm having problems. Maq or BigMC or anyone else can you explain what the problem is?

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    I'll try to wash them a bit and see how it goes, if not they will be the original.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X