Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which mods should I get? A newbie guide.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*BUMP*

Didn't this thread used to be pinned to the top?

Comment

Yeah, but a newbies guide can only function with some newbies...
      Like the wide-mouth frog joke:

Oooh, don't see many of them round here...
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

WesW,

Into which directory should the CTP MedMod V4.13 Parts 1,2, and 3 be "unzipped" into?

Also, could you clearify what the NewLeaders.ZIP add to the game (somewhat obvious but still)?

Thanks,
        Justin
        No, I can't beat the game on deity level with 16 civs and raging barbarians and, and...

Comment

You should unzip them into the CTP main directory, but make sure you preserve the directory structure so that everything ends up in the right place. I'm sure it says that in a readme somewhere

John

Comment

Ok I know this months too late, but all the downloads in the post seem to be no longer downloadable from apolyton.net/ctp. The CGI scripts don't seem to work or something, so can you tell me if there is any other way of getting the 1.21 Hack patch and the Apolyton CTP pack?

Thanks
            Dom (UK)

Comment

The downloads from apolyton.net/ctp/ in the box on the right includes the v1.21 hack and work fine for me - I'm sure whateer else you need is in the files section somewhere. Probably the links on thhis thread point to an older version of the filing system or you caught ACS at a busy time or something.

Comment

Originally posted by DomStLeger
                Ok I know this months too late, but all the downloads in the post seem to be no longer downloadable from apolyton.net/ctp. The CGI scripts don't seem to work or something, so can you tell me if there is any other way of getting the 1.21 Hack patch and the Apolyton CTP pack?

Thanks
                I've noticed that the download area is sometimes temperamental. If it's not working, try again later or the next day. This usually works.
                No, I can't beat the game on deity level with 16 civs and raging barbarians and, and...

Comment

Thanks for the replys, I'll give it a try.
                  Dom (UK)

Comment

I have had trouble with that section too, but it should work.
                    "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Thanks for bumping this thread, Dave, I almost forgot about this thread. I'll ask Ming to top it again, it's still very useful.
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I have just installed the game but can not understand what are the rules and hot-keys for it. It differs from previous Civ. Is there a file with rules etc.?

Comment

Wow! Thanks to all the advice! Best newbie guide to Call to Power.
                          "A witty saying proves nothing."
                          - Voltaire (1694-1778)

Comment

I'm not new to the game but new to Apolyton. I didn't realise the game could be so much bigger than it already is. I'll finish the easy game I'm on, up to alien creation then start downloading all the great things this thread has shown me.

Comment

;bump; There is a lot out there. Enjoy
                              "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

i got a question when u download medevil mod do u replace existing files?
                                i did and my game screwed up and i had to uninstall it
                                i know you are reading this

Comment

Working...
                                X