Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which mods should I get? A newbie guide.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will need the 1.21 hack as well. I would recommend the Awesome Aips (CD version) as well. Of course, the Med mod 4 version of the Awesome Aips is far advanced over the 1.0 available separately here. The flis from the Med mod 4 could also be used with the above setup, if you care to find and install them.

Comment

Thanks WesW. Pardon my ignorance, but what's the URL for your homepage?

Comment

Click on the "homepage" button above, and it will take you there. I could also just email you the flis if you wanted to contact me that way.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by WesW on 09-12-2000 01:06 PM
          Click on the "homepage" button above, and it will take you there. I could also just email you the flis if you wanted to contact me that way.

Thanks WesW, I don't know how I could be so blind/stupid not to see that.
          Emailing me won't be necessary.

Comment

Hello to all
            This is realy a question first to WesW, Harlan, Nordicus, and Tom Davies and then to any other that like to comment. Is there a total number of units available to be built? More or less can you have, let said 100 difference unit to build from? If the answer is yes, then would it be possible to add some more of the units that are available on the Apolyton site download to the next mod or to CTP 2 mod?

I would like to see the Ancient Heavy cavalry, Egyptian Spearman, Medieval Cog, Slinger unit v3, Spearman, and Swordman v2 by Tom Davies.
            C-130 by Whtedrgn@mindspring.com and the F-22,EF200 by Crousto.

Before anyone said, add them myself, I'm not a programer. Almost evertime I have tried to may a change to a game, I mess it up and wind up reloading the game.

To the people who made the WW 2 units, You did a great job.

Wes, can the WW 2 units be animated?

Thank you for your time.

------------------

Comment

The Ancient Heavy Cav (Javelin Cavalry) and Medieval Cog (Caravel) are already in the mod. I am satisfied with the ancient eras as far as the Med mod, and don't plan on adding any more units to the game. Adding them is not easy, until you have done it a few times.
              I will wait until I can evaluate CtP2 before deciding on what units to add to it.

I think Tom Davies found that there was a limit of 200 units in the game, which means that dozens more could theoretically be added to the Med mod, for instance.
              I have a suspicion, though, that I have added about all the new stuff that can be added to the game without it breaking down. The 4.0 version appears to be less stable than the 3.0 version anyway, which didn't have half the new units, advances, wonders etc. that the 4.0 version added.

The WWII units can be animated just like all the others, it's just a matter of someone wanting to take the time and effort to do them (which is considerable from what I understand).
              If I decide to add infantry units to the CtP2 version of the med mod, I am going to put out a plea for someone to give them five facings at least. The game is supposed to come with a WWII scenario, though, so hopefully I won't have to do this.

Comment

Thank you.

------------------

Comment

so, for clarity, the correct order now would be:

ctp
                  med mod 4.0
                  med mod 4.1

did i get it right?
                  it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

Yes, that is the correct order.

Comment

For me, this has changes. When I bought a legal copy of CTP, it already had 1.2 in it. Then, I don't want the crack, and I hate to install any mods. I play the game as it is, so I haven't installed any aditions to it. Now, with 1.2 I really enjoy the PBEM function, but don't want to have mods or something like that. Perhaps only the 1.3 patch, fi there would be one.

------------------
                      Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Wes, I could not seem to get to your webpage at this time of the morning, for some reason.

I have CTP, have had it for quite awhile now, but wasn't happy with it. I've downloaded the patch, the hack, and tried with Wes's homepage pack.. zippo. So I just downloaded the Apolyton Pack.

Hate to sound stupid here, but does the info in this thread still hold true for the following:

CTP
                        1.2 Patch
                        1.21 hack
                        Apolyton Pack (Ahhh.. forget that. Just found Wes's Apolyton Page, downloading Med 4... )

(then what else?... This is where I seem to get hung up on.) Any help here, folks? I want to rediscover this game.. so I need a little help here.

NS

[This message has been edited by NorthSwordsman (edited March 07, 2001).]

Comment

Interestingly enough, the no-CD crack will NOT work with the 1.21 hack. You have to choose one or the other. . Guess you have to make a choice of the lesser of two evils here.

NS

Comment

long time/no-visit from me here. but all the visits from MarkG at ACOL has inspired me to re-consider a few things. One of them being looking at CtP again. I originally wrote this game off as shelfware (this was around the time Asian Dawn (I think I that right) was working on the original piece. I have not considered, nor followed anything since then.

I am not one to play scenarios. I prefer just random game generation play. I understand I need to follow the path to get to the 1.21 hack. Do I NEED any other downloads to make this game worth playing. I don't see a reason to DL scenarios if I am not going to use them. The "medival mod" sounds more like a scenario than a fix. any suggestions?

(BTW MarkG, thanks for all the visits. Even if we have disagreed on "other" things. )

I also grabbed the apolyton pack while I was at it.
                            One more quick question (instead of making a new thread for it, I just added it here)

Is there any way cancel unit pathing orders? It is a real pain in the arse to have an exploring unit move automaticly when I want it to change directions (IE, I find a river, but the fooking unit keeps on going with the path on the next turn.)(or any other reason I may want orders cancelled). This is very frustrating, and anti-intuitive.

One other thing I also noticed, when cycling through the cities, if the worker window is open, it does not advance with the city. Any way to fix that? (IE: I will have city "two" with a red box, but the city "one" worker window still showing). thanks in advance for any help.
                            [This message has been edited by cousLee (edited March 09, 2001).]

Comment

Cous, the Medieval Pack I is a complete overhaul of the game. It picks up where the Apolyton Pack left off.

Comment

cousLee...

Hi...

quote:

One more quick question (instead of making a new thread for it, I just added it here)

Is there any way cancel unit pathing orders? It is a real pain in the arse to have an exploring unit move automaticly when I want it to change directions (IE, I find a river, but the fooking unit keeps on going with the path on the next turn.)(or any other reason I may want orders cancelled). This is very frustrating, and anti-intuitive.

That used to pick my ass, as well. If my original pathing for a unit abruptly becomes obsolete due to a goody hut or river or something topographical which needs immediate attention for the unit, what I do is (leaving several units with no pathing, no orders) wait until the turns for the units cease cycling, then simply click on the unit whose path is obsolete and (cancelling the unit's orders) leave it until I want it explore somewhere else or immediately send it off again.
                                The pathing stuff seems to be hardcoded, so this would be my only advice.

Thomas.

------------------
                                "Man is a thing to be surpassed"
                                --Nietzsche.

"Am I drivin' okay, man?"
                                "I think we're parked, man..."

"PROT? sounds like a sound when you ****"
                                --(can't remember)

(new email: nordicus_@excite.com )
                                Existence is Futile.

Comment

Working...