One more gripe~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more gripe~

IS there a way u mod-ers would be able to have us build more than one factory? That would be alot mroe realistic because cities didnt have jsut one factory. Instead of having only one u could have a max of five factories. Now i understand u cant do this with everybuilding cause that would be cheap (ie mill) but with some it would be cool.

l8r

No. The system of one improvement per city is one of the Civ fundamentals. In EE, you can have many Factories, but in CtP, not.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Re: One more gripe~

Originally posted by Frobozzica
      Instead of having only one u could have a max of five factories.
      l8r
      I believe that one factory is plenty, in fact we can and should assume that one factory represents several. That is the way the game works in general. For example, if your empire has 30 cities that is big by Civ standards but it's not realistic, how many Large nations have you seen with only 30 cities? The armys are another example, in CTP2 you can stack 12 units into an army, are we to assume that the entire army consists of only 12 soldiers? Of course not. Each unit is a symbol that represents several units of the of the same type.

Comment

Yeah, it is possible.

Open Improvement.txt and find the entry for the building you want (IMPROVE_FACTORY in this case). The copy and paste the whole entry and replace IMPROVE_FACTORY with IMPROVE_FACTORY_2 etc etc. Copy this as many times as you want, making the number at the end increase each time. Then count up the number of factories you added. (you want 5, so you add FACTORY_2 to FACTORY_5, 4 new ones in total) Then go to the top of the file, and add 4 to the number there.
        Next, open gl_str.txt and write/paste the following lines:
        Code:
        IMPROVE_FACTORY_2  "Factory"
        IMPROVE_FACTORY_3  "Factory"
        IMPROVE_FACTORY_4  "Factory"
        IMPROVE_FACTORY_5  "Factory"
        and save both files.
        Note, the AI will only be able to build one factory, but you will have 5 AI modding is harder, and I never really tried it properly.
        That *should* work I think.
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

ty for help i myself do not have the time nor the superior intellect of u mod-ers. And i dont think it should be a civ fundemental that u should only have one of every building. thats stupid, now obviously u cant have hundreds of factories or thousands of soldiers, but u should be able to boom by building more than one factory and gold imp etc. . And yes EE is more of a boomers game with tons o factories (could this be why hundreds play EE and theres only 60 ppl playing CTP?).

Comment

Bah... this would work, but would really give the human too much of an advantage.

As for EE, it's RTS, and RTS genre generally appeals to more people. And I wouldn't say it's a boomer's game, fighting often begins in the first 10 minutes.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Why more people play EE than CtP1? Maybe because EE was released a few months ago while CtP1 is 5 years old? CtP1 sold over 250,000 copies, one of the most successful TBS games at the time (together with SMAC)...

And Solver is right, most people prefer RTS over TBS, I guess most people don't like strategy if actually thinking is involved
              Last edited by Locutus; May 1, 2002, 12:54.
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

EE was bad example. How about aok with at least 5,000 active players? and ur right wiht EE fighting usually starts in first 5 min, i was talking about deathmatch, after Strike is best DM clan out ther(ilove is best RM) and im thinking to give them a purely MP mode where u can build more than one factory, bank and the such. the AI is already too easy to beat as it is. and I would liek to think there is more strategy in EE than CTP, because A. it covers the same amount of ages, B. There are many unit combos availble, much more than CTP which just has pike cannon combo, and tank artil combo. Both games have air and sea, and both span from the begging to the nano age. EE is head over heels better for combat, and CTP is winner for economy. But hey i like both games.

Comment

Working...
                X