Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solarius Scorch
    replied
    16 hours ago I have finally received confirmation from Cuaich that he indeed received the turn. The extremely short message contained no explanation as for why he stopped the cycle before it was even started.
    I know we're all friends here and that it's hard to find players, but at this point I feel the need to say that such behaviour is unacceptable. I understand that things happen and sometimes you need a break, but we've all agreed to this starting date and everyone was okay with it. We should be several turns in the campaign right now.
    Cuaich, please do your turn now and don't do it again in the future without good reason. Because honestly, this ain't cool. Unless you have a really good explanation fro the delay.

Leave a comment:

• Eerion
    replied
    Aye.Have a bad feeling about something.Anything happened Cuaich?

Leave a comment:

• Solarius Scorch
    replied
    Good question. What's going on, guys?

Leave a comment:

• Eerion
    replied
    Ossum, when can I find out how my starting location will look like?

Leave a comment:

• Solarius Scorch
    replied
    Thanks, but I think it's not a problem with how I'm doing this. I just had to redo the entire process on my laptop and it went smoothly.

Also, I sent you the turn. Again

Leave a comment:

• Cuaich
    replied
    OOPS...Sorry! I forgt the digit "1" just before the atsign...

brucemacdonald1

My apologies.

Also, @ Solarius:

I published the original fix for machines that wouldn't start the saved game directly. Let me know if you need help walking through the fix (which, I admit, does not work every single time).

Bruce

Leave a comment:

• Solarius Scorch
    replied
    Yeah, let's!

(Although I believe we could still do this hotfix before the Huscarls appear in the game.)

EDIT: Cuaich, your email address seems to be wrong; I can't send you the turn!

Leave a comment:

• Max_Smirnov
    replied
    Well, it's already too late, we're starting tomorrow. So no fixes this time.

Here is the final civilization / player list:

#1 (blue) - AI - Persians
    #2 (orange) - AI - Indians
    #3 (green) - AI - Russians
    #4 (pink) - Max Smirnov - Egyptians
    #5 (purple) - Solarius Scorch - French people
    #6 (teal) - Cuaich - Celts
    #7 (burgundy) - Eerion - Japanese
    #8 (brown) - Mr. (x) - Romans

Let's have a good game!

Leave a comment:

• Solarius Scorch
    replied
    I'd say go and fix. I also want to start ASAP, but I think it'd be reasonable to include such a sensible update first.

Leave a comment:

• Max_Smirnov
    replied
    Okay people, I really hate to do this, but I'd like to introduce another improvement to the mod.
    I'd like to reduce Huscarl's Attack value from 3 to 2 (to make him less overpowering, and cheaper at the same time), and increase his movement from 1 to 2 (so he's more viable as an actual marine troop - you'll be able to land your Huscarls and assault in the same turn, provided you're landing on flat terrain). Because as of now, Huscarls are your mainstay Classical Age assaulters first and foremost, which feels very wrong.
    So, should I go ahead and make this fix, or is it already too late at this point?

Leave a comment:

• Solarius Scorch
    replied
    Thanks. Unfortunately, I didn't get far with this, but I'll keep trying. I can always use my laptop instead, where it always works perfectly

Leave a comment:

• Max_Smirnov
    replied

Post #24 by Ricketyclik

Be sure to modify the file with all the proper paths before running it!

Leave a comment:

• Solarius Scorch
    replied
    Guys, I have a new machine and I can't get the saves to open at double-click - clicking a save causes the game to load the main menu.

I ran the csg_auto_file.reg file, but it didn't work.

Anyone can point me to the thread where it was explained in details? I can't find it!

Leave a comment:

• Cuaich
    replied
    I agree to the rules, I'd like to play the Celts, and my birthday isn't until February (Happy BD to those of you celebrating this month!)

brucemacdonald atsign aol dot com

Leave a comment:

• Max_Smirnov
    replied
    Ah, you must be that friend of Solar he told me about.
    Place 5, Rome it is.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X