Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Playtestin​g a New Game by Quinns called -- Capitals - An Integral Earth Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Playtestin​g a New Game by Quinns called -- Capitals - An Integral Earth Game

CTPers!

I have to ask my Call to Power friends (and other Apolytoners) if they would be interested in helping me playtest a new game I've been working on for a few years. Take a look at it -- if you would! Hey, I'm even paying a small amount of money per turn (for a limited time only LOL!) to help play test it! It's called "Capitals - An Integral Earth Game"

I'll try to attach some files here on Apolyton for you to view... which probably won't work -- they are the preliminary files used for the board game version -- (If you want me to email them to you and you're, interested in possibly helping, just send an email to quinn2084 attttt gmail dottt com). These files were initially created to allow the playtester to: download the files, print them out full size, glue the faces of the two sides of the pieces together, then cut them out, play the turns, take pictures of the turns, and send them to each other and to me. LOL! Way too much work!!

So I looked at making a "pseudo" PBEM version using Double CAD (a free CAD program -- not free "trial" -- free, period) and did that. It is much better to play test using Double CAD. Not as good as a "real" PBEM game, but definitely better than taking pictures of the board and sending them back and forth!

Take a look, and if any of you are interested in either playtesting the "taking picture" version, or the pseudo PBEM version, let me know. In the pseudo PBEM version, you would have to download and install the free version of Double CAD (by IMSI) here --> http://www.doublecad.com/Products/Do...0/Default.aspx

I have a couple of playtesters now, but sure could use your vast experience in playing (or developing!) strategy games. Any input at all would be helpful

Cheers!

Quinns

Capitals_Map20.pdf This is a PDF file... did it work?

Comment

I think it did!

Here are the beginnings of the on-line version -- i.e. the pseudo PBEM game...

IntegralEarthWarGame_Map_and_Pieces.pdf
      Last edited by quinns; July 25, 2012, 16:06.

Comment

Hey Quinns...I'd be happy to help you playtest...but I don't want any $$! :-) But maybe a mention when you accept your Game Developers Choice Award.

I'll email you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuaich View Post
          Hey Quinns...I'd be happy to help you playtest...but I don't want any $$! :-) But maybe a mention when you accept your Game Developers Choice Award.

I'll email you.
          LOL! You got it, Cuaich! I responded to your email with a couple of attachments. Thanks man!

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X