• Show
Clear All

• Comrade
    replied
    Help me pls, How to launch tileset?
    I convert files, and replace files to data directory. Next:
    To use the tileset, run the client with the option:

civclient --tiles civ2gfx

How to start the game with these settings? Where to write civclient —tiles civ2gfx ?

Leave a comment:

• DarbyCrash
    replied
    thanks a lot for your assistance CapTVK.
    I'll check all my video settings n' stuff, and if still no go, I'll report it.

Leave a comment:

• Yog-Sothoth
    replied
    Originally posted by CapTVK
    I guess you're using the CVS. There have been some changes in the isotrident which cause this.

I guess it's time for the script and Civ2gfx to be updated.
    Hi, I applied the changes, but get the same error as before. I replaced the old ";roads" and ";rails" with the new ones. Anything else that I missed?

Y-S

Leave a comment:

• CapTVK
    replied
    Originally posted by DarbyCrash
    did I do something wrong? No one has replied to my messed up graphics post. I really really want to play this. If anyone can help, please do.
    Darbycrash,

Sorry I couldn't get this problem, but I haven't been able to replicate the problem myself, the game seems to run but your screen is chopped up. My guess it's somehow related to your videodisplay driver. Have you tried changing the color depth/resolution?

Otherwise it could really be a bug, in that case you should contact the author of the windows binary or report the bug at www.freeciv.org

Leave a comment:

• DarbyCrash
    replied
    did I do something wrong? No one has replied to my messed up graphics post. I really really want to play this. If anyone can help, please do.

Leave a comment:

• Yog-Sothoth
    replied
    Originally posted by CapTVK
    You didn't have to reconvert script, it originated from Linux . The original can be found here:
    Doh!

Oh well, it took me just a few min anyway

Leave a comment:

• CapTVK
    replied
    Originally posted by Yog-Sothoth
    I have converted the script to run under linux. It's seems to convert the files ok, but when i try to run "civclient --tiles civ2gfx" I get this error:

civclient: ../../client/tilespec.c:516: tilespec_lookup_sprite_tags: Assertion `sprites.road.dir[i] != ((void *)0)' failed.
    Aborted

I've tried with both png and xpm files.

Y-S
    You didn't have to reconvert script, it originated from Linux . The original can be found here:

I guess you're using the CVS. There have been some changes in the isotrident which cause this.

Change which caused this:

date: 2001/09/14 07:35:09; author: rfalke; state: Exp; lines: +18 -19
    Remove DIR_D[XY]2 and it's only user. The road and rail sprites in
    isometric tilesets are now indexed by symbolic names in the
    specfile. In the code the array is now indexed by DIR_D[XY].

Solution: perform changes like this on the spec file:

Index: terrain1.spec
    ================================================== =================
    RCS file: /home/freeciv/CVS/freeciv/data/hires/terrain1.spec,v
    retrieving revision 1.3
    retrieving revision 1.4
    diff -u -r1.3 -r1.4
    --- terrain1.spec 2001/04/17 22:01:40 1.3
    +++ terrain1.spec 2001/09/14 07:35:09 1.4
    @@ -89,26 +89,25 @@
    10, 3, "ts.whales"
    10, 5, "ts.horses"

+;roads
    + 11, 1, "r.road_n"
    + 11, 2, "r.road_ne"
    + 11, 3, "r.road_e"
    + 11, 4, "r.road_se"
    + 11, 5, "r.road_s"
    + 11, 6, "r.road_sw"
    + 11, 7, "r.road_w"
    + 11, 8, "r.road_nw"

-;roads - we follow the the numbering of the DIR_D[XY] arrays
    - 11, 1, "r.road0"
    - 11, 2, "r.road1"
    - 11, 3, "r.road2"
    - 11, 4, "r.road3"
    - 11, 5, "r.road4"
    - 11, 6, "r.road5"
    - 11, 7, "r.road6"
    - 11, 8, "r.road7"
    -
    -;rails - we follow the the numbering of the DIR_D[XY] arrays
    - 12, 1, "r.rail0"
    - 12, 2, "r.rail1"
    - 12, 3, "r.rail2"
    - 12, 4, "r.rail3"
    - 12, 5, "r.rail4"
    - 12, 6, "r.rail5"
    - 12, 7, "r.rail6"
    - 12, 8, "r.rail7"
    +;rails
    + 12, 1, "r.rail_n"
    + 12, 2, "r.rail_ne"
    + 12, 3, "r.rail_e"
    + 12, 4, "r.rail_se"
    + 12, 5, "r.rail_s"
    + 12, 6, "r.rail_sw"
    + 12, 7, "r.rail_w"
    + 12, 8, "r.rail_nw"

;add-ons
    4, 7, "tx.farmland"

Raimar
    I guess it's time for the script and Civ2gfx to be updated.

Leave a comment:

• Yog-Sothoth
    replied
    I have converted the script to run under linux. It's seems to convert the files ok, but when i try to run "civclient --tiles civ2gfx" I get this error:

civclient: ../../client/tilespec.c:516: tilespec_lookup_sprite_tags: Assertion `sprites.road.dir[i] != ((void *)0)' failed.
    Aborted

I've tried with both png and xpm files.

Y-S

Leave a comment:

• DarbyCrash
    replied
    ok, I installed the windows port of this game, but when I start it up, the freeciv logo, with the world, look cut up, with the bottom half sliced to the left, another piece to the right, and so on. and the in game graphics are all kinda screwy looking. Can anyone help me out?

I run on windows 98 se
    and a
    geforce 2 mx video card

Leave a comment:

• CapTVK
    replied
    Well found it, buried deep in an archive of my mail folder...

You'll have to tweak the flags.spec files a bit to make it work. Haven't tested this with 1.14 however.

Thank you for noticing the glitch...

I know where does it come from. The fact is, in order to position the shield accurately on top of the unit. I had to use _negative_ offset values in the shield specification
    (that is the "x_top_left" on the spec file). Now, this is a hack, but it worked so far.

It seems that the client you used to make the snapshot behaves a little worse with negative offsets. The problem can be solved in different ways:

1) simply put the offset to 0 ("x_top_left=0") in the file shields.spec. This should solve it on any client, but would also move the shield 12 pixels on the right in the game, which looks bad, very bad!
    It would also take to readjust the "shadow shield", the little extruding part of the shield that is used when more than one unit is stacked.

2) put the offset to 0 ("x_top_left=0") AND add 12 columns of empty black pixels at the left of the image "shields.png". This also solves the problem, and leaves the graphics as it should be. The "shield.png" file must be duplicated, enlarged with the 12 pixels, and included in the "Civ2gfx" package (also in the "shield.spec" file the line <> must be updated with <> of course). The only thing is that this way the CivIIgfx set would need a custom shield.png files, which means that every time someone will add some new shield it will take to manually adapt the file again...

3) adapt the client code to behave correctly with negative offset value (making it assume transparent all the pixels outside the image, in particular, the ones with negative coordinates).

Don't know if option 3 has been solved since but 1 & 2 should work.

Leave a comment:

• CapTVK
    replied
    Hmm, I've seen this problem before and there was a workaround. I'll have to look it up.

Leave a comment:

• geoffrey arnold
    replied
    Its ok worked it out hadent gotten all the giff files from the civ2 folder it works now but ive got the same prob as the guy above with the civ2 flags hope you can work out a fix this looks good.

Leave a comment:

• geoffrey arnold
    replied
    Mate is this 1.14.0 beta 3 compatable becouse when I set the tile set to this one my client crashes every time i try to start up freeciv . what a bummer.

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    When i use the flag option --tiles civ2gfx_flags, the flags show normally but when i use the no flag option i get some strange graphic where the flag would normally be.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• CapTVK
    replied
    This thread is also meant to adress any questions, issues, bugs..etc. about civ2gfx. If you find anything wrong or came up with a solution please post about it. The more feedback we receive, the better.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X