X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• himasaram
    replied
    Did you get anywhere with this, CapTVK?

I'm working on an improved version. The tileset has beed touched up and techs and buildings are cleaned up.

Now I'm wrestling with the nations. Rules.txt are a bit messed up in this respect, since nations have seemingly different names in the rules and when you're in-game... Any assistance here would be appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• CapTVK
    replied
    I´m going to give this a try...

Leave a comment:

• himasaram
    replied
    part 2

unpack into mongols/tileset/
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• himasaram
    replied
    part 1
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• himasaram
    started a topic The Mongols for Freeciv

The Mongols for Freeciv

This thread is for converting Fairlines remake of Harlan Thompson's "The Mongols" scenario to Freeciv!

Used tools:

Sources:

What works:
    * The map, ruleset, and tileset loads without errors!
    * It's (probaly) possible to play multiplayer games against human opponents!

Todo:
    * The server crashes on end of turn if you try to play against AI opponents. Probaly due to bugs in the ruleset.
    * No events implemented yet (I have to figure out Freeciv's Lua interface first).
    * Map is empty. Since I don't know how to access the map data from the SCN file, I got the same map from a different source.

The converter perl script creates a very messed up Freeciv ruleset. I spent hours cleaning it up, but it is likely to contain errors! The tileset is still very messy too.

How to use:
    Extract archive into your Freeciv data directory (the Freeciv root directory in Windows).
    Start civserver and issue the following command in order: 'load mongols.sav' 'rulesetdir mongols'
    Start civclient from the command prompt with 'civclient --tiles mongols'
    Connect to the network game.
    Enjoy the vast, empty wasteland.
    Last edited by himasaram; January 18, 2007, 21:15.
Working...
X