Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cazfi
    replied
    Rulesets compatible with Freeciv revision 15906. Tileset has not changed at all (and is not included here). Revision 15906 of trunk is just before S2_2 branching point (at least it should be, it has not yet been branched). Ruleset format will probably live unchanged to 2.2 releases, so this should be usable with Freeciv 2.2 releases.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• cazfi
    replied
    Rulesets compatible with Freeciv revision 15839. Tileset has not changed at all (and is not included here).
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• cazfi
    replied
    Tall units

Now that Freeciv development version supports units taller than 1.5*tile height, here is mongols.tilespec file that works properly. Overwrite one from previous packets with this one.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• cazfi
    replied
    Originally posted by cazfi View Post
    I have updated this to be compatible with current Freeciv development version
    Here is version compatible with Freeciv revision 15739. First packet contains rulesets, second and third tileset.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• cazfi
    replied
    I have updated this to be compatible with current Freeciv development version to test Freeciv engine with it, and plan to keep it compatible with Freeciv development versions (but only that, I'm not going to improve it). Let me know if you need that version.

Leave a comment:

• cazfi
    replied
    Originally posted by himasaram
    Created at least one ticket: http://bugs.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=34717
    That one is now completed. Is there any other high priority events or functions (actions) missing?

Leave a comment:

• himasaram
    replied
    No, I haven't touched it since. The main reason I stopped working on it, was that Freeciv lacked certain features at the time that would be required for key elements of the scenario. Created at least one ticket: http://bugs.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=34717

Leave a comment:

• cazfi
    replied
    Originally posted by himasaram
    Yes? Do you want me to make one or what?
    Just asking if you have been working with this. I'd like to test new version if such exist.

BTW, did you ever send me an updated 2.1 version?
    No, I have done nothing to 2.1 version of the modpack. Just fixed several freeciv bugs that caused problems with this modpack.

If you want, I can make some suggestions about technical details, of course.

Leave a comment:

• himasaram
    replied
    Yes? Do you want me to make one or what?

BTW, did you ever send me an updated 2.1 version?

Leave a comment:

• cazfi
    replied
    New modpack versions to test 2.1 with?

Leave a comment:

• himasaram
    replied
    Agreed. Most scenario creators give up when the game crashes for no reason with their creation.

I know the maintainers of both the "Fantasy" and "Magic" modpacks gave up converting their respective modpacks to 2.0 due to unexplained crashes.

Leave a comment:

• cazfi
    replied
    It's great to have at least some scenario for testing freeciv codebase. I'm a bit worried that scenario related functionality is not much tested with real scenarios. Probably all potential scenario authors wait for stable release... which means that we have to release stable version without testing how it works with real scenarios.

Leave a comment:

• himasaram
    replied
    Thanks for testing the modpack Marko!

I'll try and continue working on it soon.

Leave a comment:

• cazfi
    replied
    Re: The Mongols for Freeciv

* The server crashes on end of turn if you try to play against AI opponents. Probaly due to bugs in the ruleset.
    Server should never crash even if ruleset contains errors. Those incidents should be reported to freeciv bugtracker.
    I already sent patch to fix this one.

Leave a comment:

• cazfi
    replied
    I just tested that it at least starts. First I were a bit lost in that loading mongols.sav did not set correct rulesets.
    I suggest that you add 'rulesetdir' capability to savefile.options and 'game.rulesetdir="mongols"'

Leave a comment:

Working...
X