This forum is a chaos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This forum is a chaos

It is nearly impossible to keep the overwiev here. No thread structure, no marking of messages alredy read.
    The old BB's were a lot better!
    I suggest to open a newsgroup called "alt.games.clash". - If anyone finds this message...

Peter

------------------
    3DTT - the 3D sequel to Transport Tycoon - demo 4.0 coming soon
    Path of Mankind. Turnbased Civ-like game - demo 15 coming soon
    3DTT - 3D Transport, Traffic and Economy simulation - Alpha 7.0 coming soon http://www.digitalprojects.com/way-x

Hi Peter:

Sorry this isn't working out well for you. You can see which topics have had items added. Just start at the top of the list with the most recent one and stop when you get to a thread that corresponds to the last time you were here. Have you enabled the cookie to identify you? If you do it'll tell you the last time you visited and you'll know which threads have been added to. I agree that not seeing a title for every direction the conversation turns is not perfect. We all need to try to start a new topic that references the old one if the direction of the post changes seriously from the original topic.

The responses I got before was that people much preferred a pull medium like the forum to a push one like a list. From my perspective its working nicely.

On the HTML version of Clash, F_Smith is working on it and thinks it'll be ready in something like a week.

-Mark
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

I'm sorry Peter, I don't see quite what you're complaining about.

"No thread structure"
      How do you figure?

"no marking of messages alredy read"
      Have you set your browser to allow the storage of cookies? Have you cleaned our your browser's cache recently?

"The old BB's were a lot better!"
      You mean older BB version scripts or what..? Please be more specific.

A UBB, such as this, is just as or perhaps more effective then a registered newsgroup (at least IMO).

----------------
      Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Personally -- I like this one better than the old one.

But then again, I'm a little strange.

Comment

Thread structure:

Suggestion Albert
          Re: Suggestion fingerman
          Re: Suggestion Albert
          Another idea (was: Suggestion) Herman M.
          Re: Another idea (was: Suggestion) Albert

You can see who replied to what and click the message headline to read it.
          You also can see what you already read and what not.
          Here this is both impossible. The messages of a thread hide behind a single headline and when looking the thread all messages are in an unarranged couple as they came in by time.

I have cookies enabled but I don't know what it has to do with this topic. How would you display I have read a message or not? And how to display if there are new unread messages behind a headline?

The old BB's were the sitepowerup things that Mark initially had for the Clash discussion. Visit his website and look - then you get an impression of what is possible.

The best solution would be to install a newsgroup. The features of a newsreader are unbeatable for this purpose and the amount of posted text reached the volume to justify it.

Peter

------------------
          3DTT - the 3D sequel to Transport Tycoon - demo 4.0 coming soon
          Path of Mankind. Turnbased Civ-like game - demo 15 coming soon
          3DTT - 3D Transport, Traffic and Economy simulation - Alpha 7.0 coming soon http://www.digitalprojects.com/way-x

Comment

OK, as I see this silly editor cleared all my spaces I used to show the thread so I try again using points:

Thread structure:

Suggestion............................Albert
            ..Re:Suggestion.......................fingerman
            ..Re:Suggestion.......................Albert
            ..Another.idea.(was:.Suggestion)......Herman M.
            ....Re:Another.idea.(was:.Suggestion).Albert

Comment

Working...
            X