Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord God Jinnai
    replied
    What are the likelihoods of a CCS being implimented then?

Leave a comment:

• Mark_Everson
    replied
    Hi demipomme:

This has been discussed several times. Actually once we go to a continuous coordinate system (if we ever get there) then a sphere would be relatively easy. You should be able to find some of the earlier discussions by searching. I did one on "spher" but on got a Really old 1999 thread. There have been much more recent ones that I'm sure you can find if you're interested.

Leave a comment:

• demipomme
    started a topic Modelling a sphere

Modelling a sphere

Before I begin, I realise the controversial nature of this post and understand that this will never be implemented. I do however want to post it, just so its out there.

One of my biggest annoyances with civ 2 was the cylindrical world, so I have alway been a fan of a spherical world. It was not till recently however that I realised that squares don't fit on a sphere. So I set out on a quest to find a polygon that would enable a map spherical map:

- every polygon is of the same type (this excludes the hexagon-pentagon mix of soccer balls)
    - every polygon is adjacent to the same number of polygons (this excludes cubes the corner squares of which are adjacent to seven rather than eight squares)
    -the polygons are regular

The only answer I can find is to use equilateral triangles. I didn't like the idea at first, but it doesn't look too bad...
    Attached Files
Working...
X