Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo 8 near to completion ?

No comment !

If not, what is the only things who lacks ...
    L'Arabe Dément
    l'Arabe Fou

H.P. LOVECRAFT

What it lacks is me finding the time to complete the save/restore code. Easter approaches, and I have the following week off work, so I intend to finish it then.

Cheers

Comment

Abdul, did you really have to start a whole new thread to ask this question? You have already asked the same question in " When the next version get out ?."

Laurent is Busy with RL, Gary the same, me the same. It is very difficult to give a solid answer under those conditions. To add my thoughts, I expect to be able to work some on debugging the current version and putting out a testbed of the existing code next weekend when I have four days free. (Of course RL will consume an unknown amount of that time. One other thing I MUST do is my income taxes.)

I understand your frustration, but I don't want to set a milestone date and then have us miss it by a long time. Perhaps we can give a more sensible date at the end of this coming weekend. :-)
      Last edited by Mark_Everson; April 5, 2004, 20:28.
      Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
      A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
      Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

OK
        L'Arabe Dément
        l'Arabe Fou

H.P. LOVECRAFT

Comment

I think we are near letting a demo out. A new testbed should be set up soon if Mark finds the last code not too buggy. I think Rodrigo in particular may want to ask Mark for it since it's got many things implemented that he may want to play with.
          There are many things inside that I'd like to be tested, in particular the government model and the 'social test' scenario. The government user interface I've talked about in the government thread will be in. I know it's not sexy, but is there the information needed and how should it be set up?
          Any weird behaviour of the ai would also be worth reporting since I tuned that again recently.
          If all that is ok, and if the texts of the scenarios are still correct, then hopefully we should get D8 out before the end of the decade.
          Clash of Civilization team member
          (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Could I receive this latest test bed? I've got time galore to playtest it, as I'm sure is evident by the fact that I've volunteered to do graphics, scenarios and now playtest.

I'd do some coding but after all the code I wrote for EIT, I'd be happy to never see another line again!

Comment

Send a mail to Mark for the testbed.
              Clash of Civilization team member
              (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
              web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

alms66, can you tell me what are the news features implemented who function well ???
                L'Arabe Dément
                l'Arabe Fou

H.P. LOVECRAFT

Comment

Testbed v7.9 Available

The testbed is now available, and is expected to be a somewhat buggy and poorly fine-tuned version of D8. (We just haven't gone through the QC steps yet.) Anyone who wants it, and can accept a 1.6MB file by email can mail me and request it. But don't say I didn't warn you that it is quite unpolished so far. Bug reports would be especially valuable. Players should be fairly familiar with D7.2 before trying this!
                  A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).

Comment

Well, my playtesting has found one thing we need to fix. But it's not a bug. Jericho is now basically unwinnable IMO because the AI is so much better! Congratulations Laurent!

Having everyone against you is now a hopeless position. One idea to fix it is to change the diplomatic relationships as a function of time or power using the event system. Suggestions solicited from those of you who have the new code or the testbed.

Comment

I played Jericho & neither I, nor any of the AI civs could conquer land.
                      Last edited by alms66; May 26, 2004, 03:16.

Comment

Error Log for Jericho.
                        Attached Files

Comment

The Onslaught scenario won't even start.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I would like to able to play on random maps ...

Diplomacy is functional in 7.9 ?
                            L'Arabe Dément
                            l'Arabe Fou

H.P. LOVECRAFT

Comment

The Carthage vs. Rome scenario has this crazy graphics glitch, where the unit icons appear to not be drawn, unless a certain square is selected. I have screenshots of this if needed.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X