PolyCast Episode 58: "You Don't Want To Know"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PolyCast Episode 58: "You Don't Want To Know"

You know that you in fact want to. Give it up for the fifth-eighth episde of PolyCast, an official podcast of Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS). Entitled "You Don't Want To Know", it is now netcasting. Regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Makahlua, Imran Siddiqui and Annalee "Cartimandua" Barney are joined by first-time guest co-hosts Marcus "Diamondeye" Hensing and Josh "General_W" Tucker.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy. This past summer, a special marking the release of its fiftieth episode this past summer was released with never-before-heard moments from production to that point. Now more than two years since making its online debut, it was a nominee in the "Best Produced" and "Gaming" categories of the 2008 Podcast Awards. Its sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding.

To date, ACS is the only known community on the Web to produce its own Civ podcasts.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Summary of Topics

- 03m04s | News
    The what, where, when and why for CivCon '09 has been announced officially.
    - 08m33s | Forum Talk
    Things that defy logic in Civilization IV: Colonization.
    - 13m34s | Senate
    How much of an occupation army is sufficient, what's up with the Machine Gun unit, Combat vs. City Garrison vs. Drill promotions and unwritten laws about Civilization IV.
    - 31m55s | Miscellaneous
    The lowdown on the "EEN Headline News" series.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
    Loosing graciously (or not), winding down the season's production schedule while looking ahead, a self-proclaimed celebrity and there are now two show regular co-hosts who have multiplayed CivIV.
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

GOOD 'cast. The link to EEN Headline News was greatly appreciated. Looks like that was a LONG (almost 2 year ) game!

Josh, your Headline News format looked great, and oh! the creativity involved in those news reports!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
        GOOD 'cast.

The link to EEN Headline News was greatly appreciated.
        Welcome.

... and oh! the creativity involved in those news reports!!
        I like to think that the clip from one of them that I included in this episode was/is a highlight .

Comment

Re: Summary of Topics

Originally posted by DanQ
          - Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
          Loosing graciously (or not), winding down the season's production schedule while looking ahead, a self-proclaimed celebrity and there are now two show regular co-hosts who have multiplayed CivIV.

That last point is very disappointing and nothing to brag about...
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Re: Summary of Topics

Originally posted by Krill
            That last point is very disappointing and nothing to brag about...
            I agree there is nothing to brag about on that, and I didn't.

As for disappointing, that's an individual assessment that has no right answer. I can appreciate how it would be disappointing for some who have engaged in CiVIV multiplayer before such as yourself, but for me it isn't disappointing as I hadn't.

Comment

I have played a few Multi-player Civ IV games myself, however, most of them were with my husband and his friends. Never played a "real", online game with strangers.
              In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimandua
                I have played a few Multi-player Civ IV games myself, however, most of them were with my husband and his friends. Never played a "real", online game with strangers.
                That's just as real of a game of multiplayer as mine as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Working...
                X