Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the New Server!

Apolyton.net is now pointing to the new server. Please let us know if you spot any oddities or have any suggestions for what to add to the site!
See more
See less

Apolyton Directory download links are broken

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Directory download links are broken

It looks like all downloads that have a question mark in the download link are broken.

For example, see here:
    http://apolyton.net/dir/index.php?id...ts=6696&cat=57

If you hover over the linked title on that page, you'll see the actual download link embedded in there: http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?file=10252_Civ2Booklet.zip
    (note the question mark in the URL there)

But when you then actually click on the link, you're forwarded to:
    http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?file=10252_Civ2Booklet.zip%3f
    ... and get to see the message "File doesnt exist."

Manually removing the %3f makes it work again.

This happens with all download links with question marks in them (as far as I've tested). They get the %3f appended to the end of them. Note that %3f happens to be the URL encoded version of a question mark...

Could you please fix this?

Thanks!
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Hmmm... odd. I can certainly replicate as well as identify the problem, but have been unable to determine how to correct it. I have alerted our tech. crew to this.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

People use the directory? I've stopped a long time ago. You NEVER, EVER find what you are looking for(it's usually somewhere on the forum, in a sticky, and ALWAYS over at CFC). And if you are lucky enough to find anything, it's probably outdated or unavailable.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

It's presumably something in the PHP ... possibly related to exploit-prevention. Gramphos or I will be able to figure it out (him certainly, me perhaps if he's busy )
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Well, one thing I can say is that the question mark embedded in the link to the download link shouldn't be there. That one should be URL encoded already... But I don't know if that's what's tripping it up or not.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Should be fixed from the directory at least.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Should now be fixed form elsewhere as well.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

We have a download directory?

Comment

and it is working. Case closed.

Comment

Working...
                    X