VPN's and Bittorrenting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPN's and Bittorrenting

I'm trying out VPN's for bittorrenting. They seem to throttle my torrent speeds by a factor of about 10. I've spent a few hours reading forums regarding settings, tried them out with no luck.

Any advice?

(Please, advise me not to bittorrent, it would be a great surprise )

I'm sure you're just using it to download linux distros

In my limited experience, VPNs used for torrenting pass all of their traffic through lawless hellholes where piracy is basically legal, and this is going to have a major impact on your download speed because lawless hellholes probably don't have the best telecommunications infrastructure
    Last edited by loinburger; June 15, 2016, 18:28.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures :( :( :(</p>

Comment

Yep, lynex dis trows

Oh

Comment

utorrent tries to obfuscate its traffic, that sometimes works and doesn't sacrifice any speed

Comment

I switched from it to qbittorrent just before I started to experiment with VPN's (and now proxies). Does qbittorrent not do that? It seems to have better street cred

Comment

Btw, the reason I'm new to VPN's and proxies it because I've been using PeerBlock for the last few years to apparently good effect after receiving an email forwarded to me by my ISP from Warner Bros telling me to cease and desist. PeerBlock suddenly informed me that I need to subscribe - pay - for the blocklist, and cursory research revealed that the blocklists haven't been updated for over a year anyway.

Comment

I don't have any experience with qbittorrent

Comment

try google`s hide my ip, i use it all the time and it really helps me.

http://marriagerussians.com/

Comment

Working...
                X