civ 4 bts is no more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civ 4 bts is no more?

my old pc w/xp is about finished and I'm discovering windows 8/8.1 on new pcs may not run my game

what do I do?

Ming runs bts on his win 8 machine with no problems.
    We even played MP.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Clearly Ming is a liar, and what you played was a well-crafted simulation.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Since I've watched him play, I must therefore be a liar also. Hmm well we are twins.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I took my old one in for repairs, $99 for a motherboard (something about bubble capacitors... or the Johnson rod) and $100 for the labor

it was either that or buy a new one for $400 and I didn't like it or w8, they let me return it

I uploaded civ 4 complete (warlords, bts, col) and couldn't figure out how to play the first 2, all I had was col and it didn't look all that good. I uninstalled it and tried again and the pc went on the blink. If I knew what I was doing I'm sure I could have figured out how to fix it but I wasn't happy by then

Comment

Don't know what to tell you... I have no problems running BTS on Windows 8.1. I haven't tried Warlords. I also play colonization, the R/R Mod.
            "If black people robbed you, I'd not consider it prejudice for you to be angry at black people in general" - Ben Kenobi
            Lessons in Christianity.

Keep on Civin'
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
              Since I've watched him play, I must therefore be a liar also. Hmm well we are twins.
              This is my conclusion as well.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

That they are twins?
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

If he really can't run it, and it might be a problem if he is running the 64 bit version of 8.1, then he can still download do box and run it that way.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

whats do box?

Comment

dosbox?

Civ 4 (and all other 2k games) have varying discounts on account of 2K's 10 year anniversary. Borderlands 2 + all expansions at 6 bucks is a great deal. Civ 4 complete for 4 bucks also I think.
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                      X