Reputable freeware PDF reader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reputable freeware PDF reader

My boss, for whatever reason, has some deal with Adobe where he pays a fee every month for a bundle of services, including Acrobat reader. Adobe's subscription service is doing something moronic that we can't get to the bottom of right now, so all of those services are presently disabled--including Acrobat reader. A lot of our product documentation is saved as PDFs, so their BS is holding up our business. We don't need anything fancy, just something that will display and print a document (and not contain malware). The not-malware aspect is especially important here, which is why I didn't just Google "freeware PDF reader" and download the first non-Adobe link. Can anybody recommend one? Thanks!
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Foxit Reader is what I've used in the past.

iirc, when installing, you'll have to make sure to unclick a whole bunch of useless crap it wants to install along with it. But it is a reputable piece of software.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

What Lori said.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I also use Foxit.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Thank you, gentlemen! Foxit installed and working just dandy. Am unsure what "Adobe Creative Cloud" is, but assume that it's as crummy and overrated as basically every tech product advertised with the word "cloud."
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
          X