Gah...my eyes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gah...my eyes.

Due to genetics and other craziness, my eyes are a little sensitive to light, especially after staring at the screen for a time.

A lot of programs (or the computer itself) appear to default to 255/255/255 bright freaking WTF OH GODYMEYESMAKEITSTOP white, especially when changing screens (I'm pointing the business end of this at YOU, Firefox!).

Is it possible to set a universal default color other than 255/255/255? Preferably something with three double digits?
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

monitor -> brightness -> min
    monitor -> contrast -> min

?
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

If you have a half-decent video card, you can even custom-adjust the gamma curve.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Let me know if there's something on Apolyton that fits in this category ...

Comment

There may be a free program that could help you, called f.lux

https://justgetflux.com/

It enables you to adjust the light temperature of the screen and switches between day and night modes according to your system clock.
          (with the night mode having an (adjustable by you) lower light temperature than the day mode).

I for my part have stopped using it (I discovered that I like my default light temperatures and also donīt want them to change during the night). But a friend of mine loves it
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I'll look into it, thanks!
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Light sensitive eyes combined with a tendency to develop migraines.

The use of sunglasses largely solved the issue for me.
              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I wonder if such an issue can spontaneously manifest.
                Few weeks back I couldn't stand the monitor screen. It seemed painfully bright.
                I just toned down contrast and brightness and it was ok and have left it that way.

Comment

That my friend is called a hangover...
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Haven't had one in at least 3 months

Comment

Working...
                    X