d3d9.dll errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d3d9.dll errors

any suggestions on a FREE program that can fix these - I'm running Vista on an old laptop for old games. My direct x seems to be damaged - bad image errors and a message saying the dll is damaged or not designed for windows.

I have tried reinstalling, scans but I noticed in the scan and repair logs that some damaged elements are resisting repair. It seems to affect Microsoft Direct3d.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Hate to tell you but barring an install and a wipe of dx, best best is a nuke from orbit, wipe and reinstall the os. This could be easier if you did a backup of the original config. Really no innoculation that i can give without having the machine in hand. Might not even be able to fix it then.
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

the repair shop guy said pretty much the same
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Are you not capable of this activity?
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I like to get second opinions. His diagnostics indicate I need a new harddrive, which is pretty much what my scans were saying

Comment

Yes, that is a likely cause of files going missing.

Comment

Working...
            X