X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sava
    replied
    Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Um... maybe not that easy to find a really good one. Now that Samsung is saying its stopping making Plasmas and Panasonic stopped last year, the prices are shooting up (due to plasma being a superior picture to LCD).
    I looked at the time I wrote that post. Prices were the same.

Unless you have evidence to the contrary (which you don't)...

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Just buy a new one. They're cheap now.

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Originally posted by Sava
    But if not, replacing it with a new one won't cost as much as it did 8 years ago. Last year, I found a nice 50'' Panasonic plasma for around $650-700. 1080p, Netlix and stuff built in...
    Um... maybe not that easy to find a really good one. Now that Samsung is saying its stopping making Plasmas and Panasonic stopped last year, the prices are shooting up (due to plasma being a superior picture to LCD).

Leave a comment:

• Sava
    replied
    I've read that plasmas don't like vibrations. RV owners apparently don't have success with them.

What brand/model?

If it wasn't a plasma, I'd say you had a backlight burn out. The "pop" may have been a fuse or something. It could also be something more important.

Plasmas, from what I've read, are expensive to repair.

Hopefully, it's a simple fix. But if not, replacing it with a new one won't cost as much as it did 8 years ago. Last year, I found a nice 50'' Panasonic plasma for around $650-700. 1080p, Netlix and stuff built in...

I'm seeing some as low as $500. (1080p)

Leave a comment:

• Donegeal
    started a topic Old Plasma TV problem

Old Plasma TV problem

TV is about 8 years old. My wife was watching it when some fireworks went off a little down the block (I don't think this is related to the problem, but I mention it just in case) and there was a little 'pop' from the back of the TV and now about the middle half of the screen is black. The edges slowly creep into picture (about a 1/3 of the screen from the left side but only about an inch on the right side) and what does come in is much dimmer than before. Sound works fine. Any ideas?
Working...
X