Intel Fixed its Mobile Strategy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Fixed its Mobile Strategy?

I asked this about a year ago (or so) and was told in no uncertain terms that Intel did not have a semblance of a mobile strategy -- that it was at least two years away.

Has anything changed? I don't see anybody using Intel's mobile chips, but I do see some interesting desktop form factors (like the new NUC).
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Their roadmap shows they won't be competitive for architecture for another couple years yet, but then they could be a force.

Their lead in process technology means they'll probably be at parity with perf per watt with the big ARM players one year from now.

My company is designing some (educational) tablets so we are really trying to stick with Intel right now since we have lots of x86 code already, but they're still not there.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Hmmm... I wonder how fast the change to Intel from ARM could be in the mobile phone market. Do they have a viable SOC for phones planned?

I notice that Qualcomm is a more valuable company than Intel. Amazing.
      Last edited by DanS; March 30, 2013, 17:06.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
      X