Does Sprint Suck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Sprint Suck?

Or is this standard operating practice throughout the industry?

We've been using Sprint for almost a decade, so long we've still got the 500 card and a Linksys router the same age. We'd like to "upgrade" to Sprint's USB 4G receiver and a newer router (couldn't find the DLink from the wifi thread) but Sprint wants $20 from me and a 2 year contract.

WTF

We've been with them a long time and they want me to sign another 2 year contract?

They'll sell me the 4G receiver for $250 apparently without a 2 year contract

Yippee, add injury to insult

I walked in thinking I'd pay them up to $50 for the connecter and nothing else would change. The problem is I dont know if I can honor a 2 year contract so what am I buying for $250?

Even seems weird I gotta buy their little device when I'm paying them $60 a month for internet. But $250 for something they're selling for $20?

Am I screwed? Changing companies probably wont help, the new one will want a 2 year commitment too and our options are limited.

MetroPCS
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

this is for a home pc and ipad, I still dont have a cell phone

I'm a troglodyte

Comment

It's pretty much normal, yes. The $250 is overpriced, but not surprising. You might look on craigslist or ebay - maybe the same model is available used?
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Boise has two companies that don't require a contract and one that does, which is unusual - in Cincinnati all of the companies wanted contracts. Two years is unusual though, I've only seen one year contracts before for internet.
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures :( :( :(</p>

Comment

You usually have to pay much more for the hardware, if you don't sign the contract. However, you might find that your overall savings are better.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

they want $250 for that little piece of... hardware so I'll do the contract instead, but what does buying it outright do for me other than avoiding the contract? I'd still be paying them monthly for the service

if people gotta move while under the contract, can they move and take the device with them and use it at the new location or does the contract require them to stay put for the 2 years?

Comment

Usually you can move as long as you keep their service - the contract is only an issue if you move outside of the service area.
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures :( :( :(</p>

Comment

that my be a problem, if we move it would be away from Kansas Maybe back to the west coast

Could we resume service out there?

Comment

I don't know. The West coast is kind of backward. Not sure they even have electricity out there.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

If you move out of their service area, you might be able to convince them to cut you a deal on leaving the contract.
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                      X