Firefox Reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox Reboot

Firefox has been crashing when I open 3 or more windows or try to download - can I use my xp browser to dl Firefox again and start over?

ugh, I found firefox reset in the troubleshooting guide

maybe that'll fix it

Comment

I use Firefox Portable so that I can easily copy my setting across computers, and so I can back up my settings in case Firefox goes to hell. Use Xmarks to sync/backup your bookmarks, and Lastpass to sync/backup your passwords.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures :( :( :(</p>

Comment

You can download Firefox in Firefox, save it to disk, then uninstall Firefox and reinstall Firefox. No need for that pesky blue devil.

Or use Chrome
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

looks like resetting Firefox via troubleshooting did the trick, got rid of those damn toolbars I accumulated

Comment

If I were Mozilla (or Google or...) I would create some major hassles for anyone trying to install a toolbar. Too many **** pieces of software try to install toolbars, and sometimes people click through install screens on autopilot, even (especially) IT pros who should know better. Firefox should nag you about the toolbar being installed repeatedly.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
              You can download Firefox in Firefox, save it to disk, then uninstall Firefox and reinstall Firefox. No need for that pesky blue devil.

Or use Chrome
              yes , this is correct alternative for firefox. But as i think google chrome is better for just simplified use rather than firefox including add-ons.

Comment

hello india

Comment

I noticed that Firefox has been putting out a lot of "upgrades" recently. What's going on there?
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

What do you mean? Just the increasing major version numbers every month or two instead of every couple years?

Comment

If you are working with firefox on MAC OS then you have restart facility available as a standard functionality but for windows, as far as my knowledge goes you need to rely on Add-ons in order to restart firefox without loosing any pages opened.

Comment

Working...
                      X