What do you think of BB10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of BB10?

I know some of you know a lot about smart phones.

I watched the release, the phone seemed nice and it seemed to have all (?) the most important Apps.

But I don't know much about it.

What do you think about it and how it compares to the Windows, iOS, and Android phones?

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

RIM is going to go out of business in a few years no matter what. Business users don't rely on BB anymore, and they seemed to have lost the ability to compete after having a monopoly on business uses for so long. I wouldn't consider a BB phone now for any reason, even if the OS were good - because it's just not going to be around.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

A big part of the consideration, for me and my wife, is that Blackberry almost controls SA.

It is the cheapest and most efficient way to have access to things like email, chat, etc in SA. Pretty much all of her SA friends, relatives, etc have BB... most do not have internet at home (nor other smartphones).

I know that you are right about BB being a non-factor in the US right now. And maybe in the foreseeable future (although, couldn't it compete with Microsoft at least?).

But does your analysis take into account it's strength in the emerging world? (it also seems stronger?? in europe)

I know that the emerging world can't pay a lot for a phone though. A lot that are sold are older models in SA.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

A big part of the consideration, for me and my wife, is that Blackberry almost controls SA.

It is the cheapest and most efficient way to have access to things like email, chat, etc in SA. Pretty much all of her SA friends, relatives, etc have BB... most do not have internet at home (nor other smartphones).

I know that you are right about BB being a non-factor in the US right now. And maybe in the foreseeable future (although, couldn't it compete with Microsoft at least?).

But does your analysis take into account it's strength in the emerging world? (it also seems stronger?? in europe)

I know that the emerging world can't pay a lot for a phone though. A lot that are sold are older models in SA.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Microsoft can compete based on its cash base. RIM isn't doing terribly well balance-sheet-wise, already; and their utter failures the last two OSes mean they can't afford to lose now. Either way, they're competing with Apple and Google/Motorola/HTC/Samsung/etc.; that's who they're going to lose to, whether or not Windows Phone takes off (and I've heard it's pretty decent, at least for some use cases).

I would expect Android to take over emerging markets, as it has in some areas already. The price of free is really hard to beat...
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

MS will own Blackberry within two years.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I found it amusing considering a few of them think BB rigged it just for them in the house....To funny!

Comment

Working...
              X