No announcement yet.

It's Desktop Building Season Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I normally build my desktops but I am kind of getting tired of it and miss all the free software, the warrenty, and support you get from buying a system from a major manufacturer. I'm curre tly in the market for a desktop and I have to admit, even though I keep saying I don't want to do it, building my own system just might be the best way to go. I mean you get to customize it just the way you want it using only the hardware you want. It generally costs a lot less compared to a similarly speced machine though you get stuck using off the shelf parts such as boring tower cases.

What do you recommend? Stop whining and go once more into the breach or wuss out and just buy the machine someone else made?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• DIY

go to PC Part Picker to look at other builds

or post on Tom's Hardware and they'll design a good build for you

btw, your hardware is still covered under warranties, even if you build. If a warranty is a big deal, buy from hardware makers that offer good warranties.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I normally build my desktops but I am kind of getting tired of it and miss all the free software,

Comment

• It just hit me; I've can't recall hearing someone say they like all the pre-loaded bloatware that comes with pre-built machines.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Easily the dumbest thing I've ever read on this site, and I read every post and my own posts and all PMs.

Comment

• i shared this in oerdins thread too:

http://www.choosemypc.net/#

input your budget, they design a machine... seems good
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
              X