Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the New Server!

Apolyton.net is now pointing to the new server. Please let us know if you spot any oddities or have any suggestions for what to add to the site!
See more
See less

Transferring Lots of Large Files

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring Lots of Large Files

I have a lot of pictures and videos to transfer for a project, they are really high quality so are really big files.

I was thinking of some kind of like cloud back up thing where I can just give the login information to the recepient and they can get the files right from the server. Any recommendations for cheap/painless services?
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Set up your computer for ftp?

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Dropbox is a painless service, it's free for 2GB or less and $100/yr for 50GB. I use the free service - on the rare occasions that I need to send a multi-GB file I use an open torrent tracker and send people the .torrent file.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures :( :( :(</p>

Comment

Good point, I love dropbox.

I didn't think of it being useable for 50 GB.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

There's also adrive, which is free for 50GB with a maximum file size of 2GB (which you can get around with a file splitter, e.g. glary utilities). It's a lot more painful to use than Dropbox, though (uploading a file is a bit of a crapshoot - you'll know if the upload fails, but more often than not it will fail) - I've had decent luck with it if I have a fast upload link (the link at work is 2MB/s), but it sucks if you have a slow upload link (my home link is 100KB/s).

Comment

An easy way to split a file is using winrar with no compression.
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

external hard drive ? drag and drop

'nough said
              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

It would get awfully expensive if you had to mail an external hard drive to everybody requesting a file

Comment

I also used drop box, you can make many free account so that you do not need to pay.

Comment

Working...
                  X