How do I make a dual-boot CD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I make a dual-boot CD?

I've got two LiveXP repair CD's that I've put together - one ISO is 150mb and works fine on computers with 256-512mb of RAM, the other ISO is 300mb and needs at least 1gb of RAM. Ideally I'd like to combine the two ISO's on one dual-boot CD. Everything I've found on Google says "use MagicISO," but the program is non-intuitive and I haven't found a decent tutorial. (The boot images for the LiveXP ISO's is 2k, and so any attempt at using MagicISO to make a dual-boot image either creates a 450mb ISO that pops up a non-functional menu ("press {} for the full image, press {} for the mini image" where the braces are supposed to contain A and B but instead contain nothing, and where the program is supposed to default to the full image but instead sit on the menu forever) or else creates a 4k boot image that's useless.

On a need-to-have scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being "I absolutely need to have this thing," this falls in at a 2 or a 3 - if I can't make a dual-boot CD then I'll just have to carry around two CD's (so I'll have to burn two CD's whenever I rebuild the images, but I only do this once or twice a year). Still, this might come in handy in the future.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures :( :( :(</p>

1. Insert your Windows installation CD into your computer's CD drive.

2. Double-click the CD in your PC's "My Computer" window and copy its contents to a folder on your hard drive.

3. Eject the CD and insert a blank CD-R

4. Drag all the files copied onto your hard drive from the original CD to the blank disc icon in "My Computer."

5. Click the blank CD icon in "My Computer" and select "Write these files to CD" from the "File" menu.

6. Confirm the writing by clicking "OK," and wait for the process to complete.

7. Eject the CD when the process is finished.

Hope this help you.

Comment

That will not accomplish anything useful, and anyway I already have two XP and two Server 2003 ISO's on my hard drive (they were a prerequisite to building the LiveXP boot cd's)
      Last edited by loinburger; April 20, 2011, 15:52.

Comment

Incidentally, I found two tools for this
        http://www.pendrivelinux.com/xboot-m...o-usb-creator/
        http://www.sarducd.it/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Guileless
          1. Insert your Windows installation CD into your computer's CD drive.

2. Double-click the CD in your PC's "My Computer" window and copy its contents to a folder on your hard drive.

3. Eject the CD and insert a blank CD-R

4. Drag all the files copied onto your hard drive from the original CD to the blank disc icon in "My Computer."

5. Click the blank CD icon in "My Computer" and select "Write these files to CD" from the "File" menu.

6. Confirm the writing by clicking "OK," and wait for the process to complete.

7. Eject the CD when the process is finished.

Hope this help you.
          Thanks for this, I want also to dual both my Computer.

Comment

Working...
          X