Green Shield Virus/Malware Removal Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Shield Virus/Malware Removal Help

Anyone? I've gotten this twice, once at work and once at thome. Work just formatted the computer since my profile is networked. At home though I took it to a shop and they got rid of it for $95. Next time it happens I would like to do it myself if I have the time, but I have no idea how to do that. Also, if there is a good way to block it that would be even better.

For those who don't know the Green Shield Malware infects your computer by installing and posing as a virus protection software that you need to purchase. Apparently the only thing it removes is itself. However, once the virus takes over your computer you can access any files, as it tells you the file is infected.
    Monkey!!!

This is probably no help, but I'm trying. This is at the top of the list from a Google on your topic. Green Shield Virus/Malware Removal Help

http://blog.teesupport.com/how-to-gu...-instructions/
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I guess it either helped you or the virus wiped out your PC. In any case, I hope the problem has been rectified in some manner.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I got an email from Cyberdefender about the new viruses it takes care of now and this Green Shield virus was one of the ones on it. Cyberdefender won't deal with it for free, but I have been using the paid version now for some time and have been happy with it.

Comment

Format.

Install Ubuntu.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I don't know if it will get rid of the particular problem or not, since I don't think I had it, but in a search for Green Shield Virus/Malmare Removal, I ran across SUPERAntiSpyware, I got the free edition and it seems to rock.

Comment

Build a LiveXP boot cd

Put DrWebCureit and Emsisoft Emergency Kit on a USB drive

Boot the computer with the LiveXP CD with the USB drive in the computer, then run DrWebCureit and the EEK.

If you don't want to make your own LiveXP CD, then do a torrent search for a LiveXP CD or a pre-built Bart PE CD - it doesn't much matter what's on the CD as long as it's got USB support.

MalWareBytes also has a portable antimalware, but it doesn't run on some LiveCD's - I've never had trouble with EEK or DrWeb. Be sure to use updated versions of EEK and DrWeb - with EEK run the update program on a networked computer before attempting a recovery, with DrWeb download the latest executable.

To best utilize DrWeb I suggested you put a .bat file in the same folder as the executable that looks like
              Code:
              @ECHO off
              IF EXIST c:\windows\explorer.exe (
              SET ScanDir=C:
              ) ELSE IF EXIST d:\windows\explorer.exe (
              SET ScanDir=D:
              ) ELSE (
              EXIT
              )
              SET UserProfile=%ScanDir%\Quarantine
              MKDIR %UserProfile%
              EXECUTABLENAME.exe /al /arm /icm /mwi /sd /tb /ts /ha /go %ScanDir%
              Change the EXECUTABLENAME as appropriate, DrWeb changes the name of the executable with each build. These parameters will move all infected files to a quarantine folder, will do a deep scan, will only scan the system drive, and will put the quarantine folder on your system drive.
              Last edited by Bone Sickness; October 31, 2010, 15:34.

Comment

I will post a mediafire link to a LiveXP ISO if I haven't been banned yet for being an obvious DL - mods, if you could please hold off for an hour or two that'd be much appreciated. Unzip the ISO and burn it to a CD using ImgBurn or whatever.

Comment

http://www.2shared.com/file/0IsweC1a/LiveXP.html

This ISO contains a (currently) up-to-date copy of DrWebCureit - just double-click the Antivir.bat shortcut on the desktop and it will call the DrWeb exe with the command line arguments I detailed above. You're on your own with the Emsisoft Emergency Kit, it doesn't run properly from a CD. The link will probably die in a week or two (in my experience free uploads rarely last long on these sites), so if you need my services again just click your heels three times and say "zim-zam o'pootertoot" and I'll return with a new ISO.

The ISO contains a LOT of dangerous software because I couldn't be arsed to rebuild the ISO (other than to replace DrWeb with the newest version), so please don't **** up your MBR with it, just stick to de-virusing your computer.

Comment

Try privacy-pc.com/antimalware-software-review/malwarebytes-anti-malware-review.html - Malwarebytes antimalware, it's free and removes all the crap

Comment

Its almost as if the antivirus people have created the viruses so their bots could take over message boards.

Comment

I am only removing the virus on my pc using a DOS command.

Comment

Hey friend, if you are still facing the problem then take help from http://www.removevirussteps.com. Its effective articles will guide you completely in your way to remove green shield virus/malware effectively from your PC.

Comment

He won't need it, since he's bought a new machine since then.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Japher.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                              X