• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSS readers

Which do you use and why?
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

I use Google Reader. 'cause it's the same no matter what computer I use.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It seems a little slow at updating one or more of my feeds.

Comment

I haven't noticed that. But I only check once a day or so.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

FeedDemon

SP
          I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

What about now that Google Reader and FeedDemon are going kaput?

Comment

Really? That seems very silly to me. I can't imagine Google Reader occupies that significant of a portion of Google's server capacity... and leaving it undeveloped/unimproved would be fine by me. Sigh. What now indeed - maybe someone will write an open source google reader equivalent? I really like how it works and don't see anything else out there that's as smooth (and is a web app, which is pretty important for using @ work and such).
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

The Old Reader seems to be most similar but also seems to be getting slammed with traffic now.

Comment

Yeah, that's a possibility but we'll see what happens to it. Something like Fever is a bit tempting, but not sure I want to go to that much work.

I read suggestions that Google is trying to push more people into Plus and thus killing reader. Too bad, as that means there's no chance they open source the Google Reader code (not sure if they ever do things like this, but it would be nice).

Comment

I'm trying netvibes. After some aggravation (purely due to adapting to undesired change, I'm sure), I've managed to delete everything, import my feeds, and arrange things how I want. How it sorts some of the feeds in the view all seems a bit odd but should be tolerable.

Comment

Netvibes just gave me a 1000+ unread items despite it being ~12 hours since my last check. I give it one finger, straight up.
                      Feedly doesn't work. I can't get it to add anything. Two fingers straight up.
                      Old Reader seems to insist that I sign in using google or facebook. One stick, to the eye.
                      Most of the rest seem heavy on graphical features. I know how to read, I don't need information presented to me in picture form. One brick, to the face.

In short, **** YOU GOOGLE YOU SHITHEADED MOTHER****ING ********ING BASTARDS. BURN IN HELL, ALL OF YOU. *Ahem*.

Digg is apparently building something but meh.

Comment

What's wrong with google account login to TheOldReader? It's not like you weren't using google before They supposedly have fixed the issue that you had to let them know contacts ahead of time.

I think it's entirely logical to use some form of ID like google/yahoo/openID/etc. instead of site-by-site passwords/logins.

My problem with The Old Reader: I'm still in queue to import my reader xml. ONE WEEK LATER. Sigh. I'm supposedly 44 people from the front though

Comment

Sites don't need to know my login/pw information for other sites, in case they get hacked/I fall for phishing scam/someone I let use my computer turns out to be a moron/etc.

Also, in lieu of finding enough accelerant to burn Google to the ground, I have decided to retaliate by using Bing as my search engine.

I am currently adding feeds to My Yahoo, whatever that is. I'm not optimistic. Ahahaha. It can display the last 1 to 10 items. And that seems to be about all.
                          Last edited by ColdWizard; March 21, 2013, 12:37.

Comment

They don't get your logon/PW for other sites; they just get an authorization token. Your logon/pw are handled by Google directly.

Comment

Hrm, it's definitely not Google Reader in quality, but it's okay so far. The only 'new post' indicator is a green line on the left side, not the bold/medium font weight and white/gray highlighting. That's irritating. Will see how long it takes them to update feeds (they say 'at least once a day' and 'up to once every 30 minutes for frequently refreshing feeds'); that could be a major sticking point as they grow. Also, at least for now I have to F5 (refresh) to get the left menu number of unread to update - not sure if that's just me, as the suggestions page doesn't seem to mention this, and it's a big deal to me at least so I'd think it would be on the list.

Comment

Working...
                              X