help with monitor flickering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with monitor flickering

Not sure why it's doing this lately. Nothing has changed that I know of. I should be using the same video card drivers I always have. My monitor settings were unchanged. But yet I now have flickering. Perhaps the age of my monitor- my monitor might be on its way out? It's almost 10 years old. It's a CRT obviously.

Think I had it at 75 hertz before, but bumped it up to 85. It's at 100 now, but still flickering. What frequency should I have this at? I may try updating my video card drivers, but I'm looking for a lazier solution. Any ideas?

bump.

well it doesn't seem to be flickering now. odd. Maybe it took a restart for the frequency changes to take effect- though it shouldn't. By the screen change, it seems like it takes effect soon as you hit ok. We'll see how long it lasts. One of these days I'll update video drivers. But I've always been of the philosophy if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If all my games work with these, I'll keep them.

Comment

You really got an outpouring of help, didn't you? MAYBE if you had said you had a panda trapped inside your monitor, more would have responded.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
      X