Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• direct file exchange

Hi!

A person from Vienna wants to share 300MB of audio files (no music, and legal!) with me. I won't go to Vienna and don't want to ask him to pay a solid CD-rom and the post fee. After all, it's me who wants something. Nor will I ask for his bank account in order to transfer 2...

So I guess, transmitting the files via Internet is the easiest way.
    But how? 300MB via email - no!

So, what other easy options are there. Options should be
    a) free
    b) without difficult sign-ups, not fishy, etc.
    c) easy to explain
    d) no complicated installs

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

create a torrent file and transfer it that way?
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I have no idea how to do that or explain that.
      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

http://www.megaupload.com/
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yeah, seems great. Just why am I too dumb to actually find an upload application?

Comment

At the site I posted? If you can't navigate the site, I'd suggest you give up on the whole idea.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I would recommend Rapidshare rather than megaupload. RS is faster and more importantly it doesn't have popups

http://www.rapidshare.com/
              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
              X