X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alinestra Covelia
    replied
    I was wondering that myself.

They say that radiology fees are among the main things that sink an individual's insurance plan. If simple economics win out, you can probably expect to see a big jump in Scotch tape sales.

And a load of people who have skin abrasions.

Leave a comment:

• Proteus_MST
    replied
    So how long will it take till the first instructions on how to build a homemade X-Ray apparatus powered by scotch tape will appear on the net?

Leave a comment:

• ZenMetal
    replied
    that's quite interesting

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    replied
    This thread should be moved to the OT so that OTites will stop creating copycat threads unknowingly

tech forum

Leave a comment:

• Krill
    replied
    Nice referencing AC

Leave a comment:

• Alinestra Covelia
    replied
    Several points here.

1. I actually got KrazyHorse and someone else (I think it was Sirotnikov) mixed up for a while. Because of Sirotnikov's avatar, which has a horse. But then I realized it was a skeptical horse, not a Krazy Horse. (Although KrazyHorse's current avatar seems like it's been... um... superseded by events )

2. No worries about KH's taste in humor. Some people just don't have the same humor that I do. If this is KH's situation, then he's in good company (alongside my father, my former roommate, and most but not all of my law professors).

2a. Of course, not all my posts are humorous. He may well find the rest of my posts, the serious ones, worth his time (the ones about law, politics, and science).

2b. Even if he doesn't, he's in good company. LordShiva doesn't open threads that I start, and DaShi doesn't read any of my sexual posts.

Seriously, it's all right. KH is just providing feedback and he's not attacking anybody personally.

So, tape anybody?

Edit: Apparently it's actually law, politics, and computers. So obviously science is irrelevant.

Leave a comment:

• KrazyHorse
    replied
    I'm not trying to be mean. She seems like a perfectly nice person.

Leave a comment:

• Naked Gents Rut
    replied
    You don't find her funny because you can have sex with women in the real world. Don't **** on her sense of humor and those who appreciate it just because you're ridiculously blessed by Poly standards.

Leave a comment:

• KrazyHorse
    replied
    Like, is that a masturbation joke? If so, then it wasn't funny.

Leave a comment:

• Alinestra Covelia
    replied
    When that happens, try this.

1. Hold the grimace.

2. Close your eyes.

3. Make like you're rolling dice.

For best results ask your coworker to watch you when you do this and offer constructive feedback.

Leave a comment:

• KrazyHorse
    replied
    Alinestra's posts have never once made me laugh. In fact, I often grimace when she makes awkward jokes (as she is wont to do).

Leave a comment:

• Mercator
    replied

I can't quite put things the way you do, though.

Leave a comment:

• Alinestra Covelia
    replied
    I want it to be known that I have never played the triangle in the Salvation Army Marching Band. Ever. Not even once while I was drunk and in high school in a boarding house in the UK.

Leave a comment:

• Alinestra Covelia
    replied
    That...

...Yes.

:defeat:

Leave a comment:

• Mercator
    replied
    Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
    Oh, additional thoughts:

"Tribal-luminescence" sounds racist.

That is all.

I'm disappointed in you.

This phenomenon, known as "triboluminescence", is produced by the friction generated when two surfaces rub against each other.

... Made me think more along the lines of tribadism... I'm sure that must generate some energy as well.

edit by Snoopy: That link is not worksafe, not that you should have needed the warning in an AC thread.

Edit by me again: But, but... it's Wikipedia!
    Last edited by Mercator; October 23, 2008, 16:28.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X