No announcement yet.

Setting up a Server with Microsoft Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it's a nightmare. There's enough implementation quirks with MS products, let alone interoperability quirks between MS products and FOSS products.

Linux servers are fine when working with Linux clients or as web servers, but as internal/network servers for Windows networks...that's a world of hurt.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It's a pain for sure, but I wouldn't describe it as a nightmare - but then I'm one of "the IT monkeys" It takes about 1-2 hours or so to have a Linux server authenticating user log ins from a windows AD for example. However, that requires a lot of CLI activity and a good working knowledge of the AD structure and linux in general.

Recommending a linux server to someone who needs to post this thread (No offense intended to FrostyBoy) is a completely braindead idea.
      Play hangman.

Comment

AD beyond the basic default stuff is bad enough ON windows... the headaches we've had getting ADAM to behave here makes me want to never get into that side of things, ever...

Also, Chaunk, either start a new hangman thread or change your sig
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
        X