Chinese taikonauts return to Earth after spacewalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese taikonauts return to Earth after spacewalk

This is a few days old, but still pretty neat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7634404.stm

and analysis here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7635397.stm

So, China's first spacewalk. Discuss.
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

The way the Chinese published the news story about the launch sort before it happened makes me wonder how much of what they claim is true... Not that I have specific reason to believe it is not.
    http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Yeah, the Chinese media practices still owe a lot to the Soviet style of government overview, rather than the Western style of government independence.

But still interesting to see how far their space program has come, and how quickly.

An American commentator (I want to say he was with NASA) said that the technological advances were coming at a very fast pace. But he had doubts about the actual number of man hours of experience for the human element.
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

ESA still hasn't put a man into space and that's why it's the best space agency of them all.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™
          ESA still hasn't put a man into space and that's why it's the best space agency of them all.
          there going to convert that truck they just built though aren't they.

Not with Uk money I should add
          Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
          Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

The UK is a member of ESA.
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

we are but do not fund the stuff towards manned spaceflight.

We concentrate on satellites, and we are pretty good at those
              Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
              Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Working...
              X