X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPGPU power...amazing Folding@Home statistics

Check this out:
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...?qtype=osstats

Just 13802 active Nvidia GPUs are producing 1518 teraflops (~110 gigaflops per GPU)
    Just 4490 active ATI GPUs are producing 494 teraflops (~110 gigaflops per GPU)

The previous king was Cell in the PS3, a highly specialized processor not unlike a smaller-sized Intel Larrabee: 60867 active PS3s are producing 1716 teraflops (~28 gigaflops per PS3)

While the PC (Intel/AMD general CPUs) have 217288 active CPUs producing 207 teraflops (0.95 gigaflops per CPU).

GPGPU rules. Spread the news.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Those are some big flops.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I understood what Asher said with his words "spread the news".

And I hope he spent a lot of years studying these machines, so that
      I do not feel myself so...unhappy.

Best regards,

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by fed1943
          I understood what Asher said with his words "spread the news".

And I hope he spent a lot of years studying these machines, so that
          I do not feel myself so...unhappy.

Best regards,
          Tear that CPU out of your motherboard.
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
          X