Best Open Source CMS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Open Source CMS?

Getting my own spot on the World Wide Interwebs and I'm wondering what CMS to use. At first I wanted to make it an all XHTML/CSS site but soon I realised I would be copying and pasting the same source code for every page over and over again.

And since I know **** about PHP/ASP/Whathaveyou (hey, I'm a front-end guy...) I realised that the best way is to build my site using an existing framework.

So I dabbled a bit with Wordpress and Drupal. By now I know enough of both of them to make them look exactly like I want them to look.

But Wordpress, although the easiest one of both, is really geared toward creating a blog site, and that is exactly not what I want.

With Drupal OTOH you can do anything you like (The Onion is a Drupal site ) but the learning curve is real steep

Any suggestions?
    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
    And notifying the next of kin
    Once again...

http://www.packtpub.com/award
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
      http://www.packtpub.com/award
      thanks Sloww. I see that Drupal is nominated in two categories and Wordpress in none, but I guess that is because Wordpress is mainly for blogs. I also noted Joomla in there but when I experienced with that I found that it was all table based. And since this is not the 20th century anymore I dropped it.
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

I don't know anything, but thought maybe it would give you a beginning.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
        X