bookmarks gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bookmarks gone?

I moved my entire hard drive over to an external drive and re-installed XP yesterday. Now I can't find my old Firefox bookmarks.

According to this page I should find them in: XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile>\

except I can't find Application Data! I have show hidden files and folders on.

I ran search for places.sqlite

So now what?
    Last edited by chequita guevara; August 16, 2008, 15:28.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Aw ****, I know what happened. Because Windows was crapping out, I did an xcopy from the command line, and didn't use the switch to get the hidden and system files. Firefox sticks the bookmarks in the work directory of the profiles, which is a hidden directory. Crap, all gone.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Should use the bookmark export/backup functionality. Or Foxmarks or something.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Too late now.

Comment

Working...
        X