OpenOffice Spreadsheet question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenOffice Spreadsheet question

I want a drop down list thingy with various options and a corresponding color change of the row depending on which option you select. I this doable? And if so how?
    "

It is in MS Office (Data -> Validation -> Pick from list, conditional formatting)
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I think the "MS" would be a problem in my case
      "

Comment

Does anyone know?
        "

Comment

http://www.openofficetips.com/blog/a...idation_1.html
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Lordshiva is a clearly a consultant.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Thanks, do you know how to make it change the color of the row?
              "

Comment

http://www.google.com/search?source=...le+Search&aq=f

Comment

Don't give away your trade secrets.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Comment

Okay...why am I limited to three conditions at max?
                      "

Comment

Because that's the Excel pre-2007 limit, probably.
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Is there anyway to make a formula like this:

IF(Cell#=SomeValue)Then(Row#=SomeColor)

??
                          "

Comment

Understand that a spreadsheet is a DATA storage device. The formatting stuff is just 'overlay'. So, no, the cell has no idea that it's red.

Conditional Formatting is the only way to do what you say without macro programming, not an in-cell formula.

(Of course, you could use macro programming, but if you're asking these questions here instead of getting the answers on your own ... you probably shouldn't.)

What are you exactly doing? How many options do you want? Do you really have to use OO and not Excel?
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                              Understand that a spreadsheet is a DATA storage device. The formatting stuff is just 'overlay'. So, no, the cell has no idea that it's red.
                              I'm not sure you understand what I want. I want it so that if a certain cell is equal to a certain value that it makes the whole row that the cell is in a certain color.

Conditional Formatting is the only way to do what you say without macro programming, not an in-cell formula.
                              Conditional formatting almost works, except it only changes the color of the cell in question, not the whole row. And I would have liked more conditionals than 3.

(Of course, you could use macro programming, but if you're asking these questions here instead of getting the answers on your own ... you probably shouldn't.)
                              I don't mind

What are you exactly doing? How many options do you want? Do you really have to use OO and not Excel?
                              Top Secret. 5. I don't have excel.
                              "

Comment

Working...
                              X