Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
    Ah, didn't notice that part.

I am truly surprised that PP doesn't include a more proper handout feature. As well as a screen prompter feature, for a second smaller screen.
    Define "more proper"? You can print handouts from PP, you can leave space for notes, you can include per-slide notes, etc.

And as for the screen prompter, when you present you can have your own notes displayed on the laptop in addition to the slide, while the slides are projected.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf

Most people use powerpoint only for its most basic features, not just students/professors.
      In my experience, business people use powerpoint to cover up the fact that they have almost nothing worthwhile to say, and no capacity for organizing their thoughts.

I only use it to help out students. It doesn't really fit with my lecturing style, because I don't need to use notes, and I find them a hindrance.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        Define "more proper"? You can print handouts from PP, you can leave space for notes, you can include per-slide notes, etc.
        The handouts ability is limited.
        You could print the slides themselves, or you could print the annotation pages - both of which are not good products.

A slide should contain less text that the handout.
        A handout should be more formal than the self-notes.

And as for the screen prompter, when you present you can have your own notes displayed on the laptop in addition to the slide, while the slides are projected.
        seriously?
        how?

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
          The handouts ability is limited.
          You could print the slides themselves, or you could print the annotation pages - both of which are not good products.

A slide should contain less text that the handout.
          A handout should be more formal than the self-notes.
          It doesn't sound like this should be implemented into PPT if you want more/less text per slide in handout form, no?

seriously?
          how?
          "Presenter" mode.

Here's a presentation I made this morning and just gave over Lunch.
          Attached Files
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Here's Presenter view in PowerPoint 2007.
            Attached Files

Comment

I think siro wants to be able to design one presentation where each slide has the full text on it, but parts are selected as 'handout only' or whatnot (and possibly some are selected 'presentation only').

Presentation view looks nice, though I think a proper prompter (ie, TeleText) would be more useful, with a larger (full screen) scrolling view.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Yes, but that's somewhat a specialized solution.

Comment

Isn't Presentor view a 2007 feature?
                  I wasn't aware of it in office XP / 2003

edit actually it exists in XP. my bad.
                  it is awfully hidden away though.

Snoopy is right regarding the "handout only" hidden text.

Often enough, the same presentation content needs to appear in multiple formats:

a) proper presentation format
                  b) speaker's notes
                  c) printed handouts
                  d) self-study full-text presentation

I think Microsoft would do a good job if they allow all the different formats be managed from the same application.

No use rewriting the same content several times and having 4 different PPT files.
                  Last edited by Sirotnikov; September 28, 2007, 12:54.

Comment

4. Why can't I change teh bullet formatting (shape, colour) within SmartArt text boxes?

5. Teh org chart SmartArt templates could have been among teh most useful new PowerPoint features if they hadn't been designed so poorly
                    Last edited by LordShiva; November 19, 2007, 22:14.
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re: PowerPoint 2007 annoyances

Originally posted by LordShiva
                      1. When you're typing a comma-separated list in a word-wrapped text box, PowerPoint is determined to start it off on a new line, even if there's plenty of room on teh previous line, and will not wrap teh new line appropriately either

I conducted a Google Search to find a way to fix this.

Hit #3
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

PowerPoint 2007's fatal flaw:
                        -It's still PowerPoint.

Keynote 2008's fatal flaw:
                        -It's trying to be PowerPoint.
                        B♭3

Comment

Hey. I know many people are using new versions of PowerPoint and I need your advice. I am looking for original templates for my presentation. I have an old computer and there is no way to update it. Advise where to get quality templates?

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva View Post
                            1. When you're typing a comma-separated list in a word-wrapped text box, PowerPoint is determined to start it off on a new line, even if there's plenty of room on teh previous line, and will not wrap teh new line appropriately either

2. Where did teh "Move up" and "Move down" buttons go? If I have a bulleted and sub-bulleted list, I want to be able to quickly change teh order, and teh removal of these buttons makes it harder

3. Why does teh format painter no longer copy teh bullet/sub-bullet formatting?
                            roun ds
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Pffft! Should have stuck with PowerPoint 2.0
                              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Working...
                              X