No announcement yet.

PowerPoint 2007 annoyances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding dynamic features like slide transitions to PDF would be fundamentally wrong.

Comment

True that PDF shouldn't be dynamic, but there's no reason you couldn't have PPF say (Portable Presentation Format) or something with Acrobat/PDF qualities but more dynamic in its presentation abilities...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

If only Adobe had a product like Flash for dynamic content.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The beautiful thing about Acrobat is that its stable. Flash is not always so stable, and most (if not all) presenters do not have even the slightest idea how to use Flash, let alone learn the basics, which would be a nightmare to build a simple presentation.

And don't think that PDF's don't already have dynamic support, because they do.
          be free

Comment

I don't think flash is an appropriate medium (without drastic frontend changes anyway) for powerpoint-like presentation software
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
              I don't think flash is an appropriate medium (without drastic frontend changes anyway) for powerpoint-like presentation software
              If you make presentations easy, you get crap presentations. This is a feature@
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I have seen openoffice presentations, apple (something) presentations, and powerpoint presentations.

open office is probably the most common... but because physicists like linux and are cheap, I think

I found powerpoint to be a lot easier to use, and better then the openoffice stuff...

The two microsoft office apps I use are OneNote (I love this), and Powerpoint. I Can never get Excel to do what I want, and would sooner use Latex for writing something.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Nostromo
                  Welcome back Asher

It sure looks like you missed Aggie.

I'm in academia and use Powerpoint 2002. It does the job, but the presentation templates that come with it are a bit on the bland side, IMO. I never used Keynote, but the presentation demos I've seen look quite nice.
                  Keynote is far better than Powerpoint. It's easier to use and you get better results with less hassle. Powerpoint is for people who want to **** around for hours in order to get poor results.

The other iWork apps I don't use so much, but Keynote is great.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Does keynote support pivot tables? Internet connectivity/live content?

Comment

Does its target market need those features?
                      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

If you're making business presentations, I'd sure as hell hope so.

Perhaps not for filosofical presentations, but in the business world those are pretty important.

It's called iWork, but none of the features are really geared towards real work. It's more of a toy, or a children's productivity suite until its featureset is better. Admittedly, Keynote is the most complete of the bunch, but it really doesn't have anything PowerPoint does not but the opposite is very true.

Methinks Aggie (and perhaps yourself) have no idea how powerpoint is used outside of academia. You both probably don't even consider sharepoint integration as a feature.

Comment

Does Keynote work on a PC?

I go through thousands of presentations a year, I have never come across any doctors, professors and other professions using keynote.
                          be free

Comment

No, it does not.

Comment

Then just say no to keynote.
                              be free

Comment

I've used Keynote and PowerPoint. Both can do what I need (although my presentations are only for college courses)

Comment

Working...
                                X