iPods and Such

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPods and Such

Recommend me a portable music player It, of course, does not need to be an iPod.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley! http://www.eventis.ws/images/smilies/emot-tinfoil.gif

And Such
    Blah

Comment

Anything but ipod

I like my Zen Touch, but it's a bit out of date (2½ years old)
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

'Bout the same age as my Zen Micro. If I still had my other, more-paying job I'd've bought a newer player by now, but my micro still suits me just fine. Hell, my old RCA Lyra still works great and it's around 5 years old.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

What are the specs on the "and Such" ?
          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

You'd have to be moron to not to get an iPod these days. Its complete dominance assures that it has more accessories than any other MP3 player and that its the MP3 player used in innovative new schemes to integrate personal audio/video into everyday goods and services. Refusing to buy an iPod now is like refusing to use Windows...
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Its complete dominance assures that it has more accessories than any other MP3 player

Since all I particularly want it to do is play music, I don't see that accessories are important.
              Long live teh paranoia smiley! http://www.eventis.ws/images/smilies/emot-tinfoil.gif

Comment

The iPod plays music just as well as any other MP3 player and gives you the option of buying accessories down the road, even if you don't think you'll want any at the moment. Buying another MP3 player limits your options for no discernible gain.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Except cost. iPods, due to their fashionable status, cost more than similarly speced MP3 players. Moreover, they don't play WMAs or oggs. There are a few reasons to get a different player over an iPod. For the price of a 1GB iPod Shuffle, I can get a 2GB player that plays WMAs and oggs and has a small screen showing track listings. For the price of a 2GB iPod Nano I can get a similar (but less pretty) 8GB player, saving me £60 over the 8GB iPod Nano.

That's enough reason for me not to get one.
                  Smile
                  For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                  But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

And you don´t have to bother with crap applications like iTunes and having your mp3s locked to the iPod. And then there´s the battery issue and the lack of radio and microphone...
                    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I use my Ericsson K800i with 1 GB card as an MP3 player.
                      Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                      Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb ! :doitnow!:
                      Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Same here, except mine is a W800i

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid
                          and having your mp3s locked to the iPod.
                          Could you explain a little more about this?
                          Last edited by Nubclear; January 4, 2007, 09:27.

Comment

If you buy music through iTunes they´re in the aac format that only plays on iPod. And while it plays mp3 just as well, it doesn´t support either .wma or .ogg (which really isn´t a problem, but still... ;-) )

Comment

I have a cheap SD-card based player. Marvelous little device, 15€ or so. I could also use my phone to play music.
                              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                              X