Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's the most magical time of the year!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    It's actually perversely impressive. They've had some epic teams, very talented, both offense and D. But they always seem to flag at key moments.

I do feel your pain. As a fan, you're starting to get a vague (though less hometown-intense) sense what it was like being a Cubs fan from the 50s through 2015.
    I'm also a Canucks fan. At this point, it would be the same as being a Cubs fan in the early 90s for you. So while not quite the same, they've just now taken the longest drought for a non-cup winning team. (Though the Laffs have a drought dating back to the 60s. Don't know what the Chargers will end up doing now.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    commented on 's reply
    It's actually perversely impressive. They've had some epic teams, very talented, both offense and D. But they always seem to flag at key moments.

I do feel your pain. As a fan, you're starting to get a vague (though less hometown-intense) sense what it was like being a Cubs fan from the 50s through 2015.

• Berzerker
    replied
    The Rams are still in it and they're not only close by, they charge

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    yeah. Been a fan now for 18 years, after their 1-15 season and the drafting of LT and Brees. End of an era coming soon. Still no SB.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Chargers Super Bowl.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	286.2 KB
ID:	9370632

Leave a comment:

• Berzerker
    replied
    NE @ KC

yeah, baby

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Ain't on Rivers here. I am watching the game with my brother and I was gobsmacked by the 4-0-7 defense. Bradley's call to run that again, and that's gonna cost him his job. And rightfully so.

It was a playbook designed for the Ravens offense. I was shocked they decided to even attempt that against the Patriots.

Couple of things I very much disagreed with. First off, run your offensive drives for the 4th down. Go for it every down.

Secondly Bradley should have ditched the D when it was 21-7. You have to give your team a chance. When you know it's not working, you need to abandon the scheme toute de suite. Now all the Patriots have to do is cover deep and blitz Rivers every play as the Chargers have no other options.

Leave a comment:

• pchang
    replied
    Technically 5 possessions, 5 touchdowns, but perhaps not the way they drew it up.

Leave a comment:

• pchang
    replied
    4 possessions, 4 touchdowns. Not looking good for Philanuary.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    I think they just had an off week.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    I take exception to your implication that San Diego played to lose. I believe Phil would as well.
    They stayed in their base-D, and kept their offensive playbook vanilla. I don't think they played to lose, but they played with their cards pretty close to to their chest. I would have rather they went full out to win to challenge for the 1 seed, but they played as if they had nothing to play for.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    commented on 's reply
    I take exception to your implication that San Diego played to lose. I believe Phil would as well.

• Fairpricerx
    replied
    Summer)) is the most magical time !!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Indeed he was. Thank Harbaugh for not playing Flacco. 4-1 is still a pretty good Philcember record and it looks like they were going for the long con, in helping to eliminate the Steelers.

Leave a comment:

• pchang
    replied
    Rivers was in the Christmas giving spirit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X