Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Rumor has it that Patrick Willis, who is 30, is going to retire from football.

A source tells Yahoo the 49ers are expecting ILB Patrick Willis to retire.

Earlier Monday morning, PFT's Mike Florio teased a bomb coming out of San Francisco. We now know what it is. Willis is only 30 years old, so we're guessing this early retirement has to do with the troublesome toe injury that ended his 2014 season after six games. Or maybe he just wants to go out on his own terms. It would be a sad end to a dominant career that saw Willis get named a first-team All-Pro five times in eight seasons -- he was the game's best middle linebacker both in coverage and against the run. His retirement would net the 49ers $7.4M in cap space.

Leave a comment:

• Al B. Sure!
    replied
    So the Jets have Brandon Marshall, Percy Harvin*, and Eric Decker... with Geno Smith at QB

*who is apparently going to be released now

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Interesting. Had heard rumors that Indy was interested in getting Marshall to replace Reggie Wayne.
    I figured NY was a likely landing spot. That lets Brandon do his HBO thing and generally continue prepping for his post-NFL media career.

It's a shame that they could only get a 5th, but at least they're out from under a bad contract with plenty of salary cap space.

Leave a comment:

• ColdWizard
    replied
    Bears agree to trade Brandon Marshall for a 5th rounder.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    I'm sure Foles-for-Mariota is the goal; that's clear. He'll actually get more value - and have more opportunities -- if he trades into the 2-3-4-5-6 area. Let Lovie have Winston get their guy for millions less.

Leave a comment:

• MRT144
    replied
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised to see a draft day trade of Nick Foles and future 1st round picks so the Eagles can move up in the 1st to take Mariota. Any teams interested in a 26 year old 6'5" QB with a 94.2 career QB rating and a Pro Bowl appearance?

Lovie Smith needs to say he wants Mariota if only to make Kelly pay through the nose for his pick. If getting Nick Foles and next year's 1st rounder is the least he gets, it's probably better than Jameis Winston.
    I keep joking about trading Wilson for that pick but nobody in Seattle thinks it is funny.

Leave a comment:

• Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Wouldn't be surprised to see a draft day trade of Nick Foles and future 1st round picks so the Eagles can move up in the 1st to take Mariota. Any teams interested in a 26 year old 6'5" QB with a 94.2 career QB rating and a Pro Bowl appearance?

Lovie Smith needs to say he wants Mariota if only to make Kelly pay through the nose for his pick. If getting Nick Foles and next year's 1st rounder is the least he gets, it's probably better than Jameis Winston.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Wow, an Alby sighting!

Weird stuff, for sure, but a lot of high profile, big contract guys get released this time of year, since a lot of contract guarantees kick in next week.

Shady and DeSean obviously both went to the wrong college.
    Waiting to see what resources will be spent to get Mariota onto the team...

Currently 9 Ducks on the Philly roster, I'm told. Wonder what Chip Kelly will do after his last college recruiting class is gone...

Leave a comment:

• Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Arguably the best RB in the league is getting traded to buffalo by a coach effectively gutting a top team and not a peep on Apolyton Chicago Bears site!

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    Cutler might have that position covered.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Couldn't care less. Backup QB is among the least of the Bears' issues.

Leave a comment:

• Demonbinder
    replied
    I haven't heard it yet, but I bet there are a lot of callers to Score or ESPN wanting McCown back. I am not one of them.

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    Josh McGowan is gone.
    That's McCown but McClown would have been acceptable also.

Leave a comment:

• MRT144
    replied
    Is it time for the Superbowl again? No?
    I'll be back.

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    Josh McGown is gone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X