No announcement yet.

NFL 2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure it was excitng for vegas. They needed an atlanta win. They were being buried by GB money and would have taken a bath.

Yeah, let's hope the SB is more exiting.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I really want to pick Atlanta in the Super Bowl. Hot team, underdogs, Matty Ice finally playing to his potential, top offense and a young/fast/improving defense.

But it's the Patriots. Hoodie Bill and Tom Brady, with 2 weeks to prepare. Seventh time in the game.

And you know the Pats are motivated - to stick it to Goodell, one for Brady's thumb, etc.

Deion Sanders says experience means nothing in this game, but I have trouble seeing it that way. Damn.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'd make a comment, but you summed it up for me.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Sanders also said he wasn't paid to tackle.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Exactly.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• AP and Jamaal Charles both available, Berry signs huge deal and Cousins franchised again by Washington. That last one is funny as he would have taken a six year $40M contract before last year and they will now pay him $40M if he stays!

Comment

• I SWEAR, IF THE BEARS GIVE MIKE GLENNON $14 MILLION, THE RYAN PACE-JOHN FOX HONEYMOON IS OVER FOR ME.

It seems all signs are pointing that way. Unblvbl. Glennon is a stiff. He's unqualified to mentor whoever they draft as the QB of the future. Hell, Hoyer (whom I don't especially like) would suck less for half the price. Why overpay for ANYONE with the shape this team is in?

Free agent signings (and the 2017 season) start Thursday. We shall see.

I WILL BURN DOWN ALL THE THINGS!

Comment

• I agree. When I heard this morning that the Bears were actively and seriously in the hunt for him, I couldn't believe it. If he is their "answer" to the teams biggest problem, they all need to go.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Yes, paying him to be a bridge would be just plain silly. (which probably means they're not looking at him just to be a bridge, which would be even more horrifying.)

From a mentoring standpoint, I don't want the Cut mentoring my cat. Hoyer would be cheaper and wouldn't be missed when his time was done.

But of course that is all based on them actually picking a QB that is good enough to warrant the effort.

While I don't think any of the current crop is worth an early first round pick, waiting for a late round opportunity is probably not going to work either.

If they're going to waste the first round pick, at least trade the 3rd for a later one and something else to do it.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Reports are the Glennon deal is all but done. Not happy with that either. I would have preferred Tyrod Taylor but even he isn't a good choice. Need to use the #3 pick on a defender, safety or pass rusher, and then hope one of the top rated QB's falls to them in second round. None of them are a good option either. They should have started the search before this.

Comment

• Done deal.

Looks like the Bears will have a top-5 pick in 2018 as well.

Note to Bears: If that's your goal, Glennon is an unnecessarily expensive luxury.

Comment

• The only bright spot is that if/when this doesn't work, it will be easy to pick out the scapegoat.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Bears releasing Jay Cutler; Jeffrey signs with Eagles (one year at $14M? I thought he was trying to get a max deal); Bears offer contract to TE Dion Sims and sign S Quintin Demps(?).
                            Last edited by Demonbinder; March 9, 2017, 20:20.

Comment

• Looks like the Bears are leaning towards D-line/LB with the #3 overall pick. Hope so, since defnese seems to be the only kind of talent they can evaluate correctly.

Speaking of which, the Bears also signed Marcus Wheaton, who has spent 3 years convincing Pittsburgh and the rest of the world that he will never meet his alleged upside potential.

In other news, Houston traded Brock Osweiler to Cleveland, basically for cap space (which the Browns have a ton of). This suggests Houston wants Romo.

Browns now have 2 picks in both the first and second round this year and are going after Garoppolo.

Jaguars signed DE Calais Campbell and SS Barry Church.
                              Last edited by -Jrabbit; March 9, 2017, 20:51.

Comment

• When the nicest thing I hear about Glennon was that he was a younger Kyle Orton, you know there is mediocrity in your future.

But I guess I'll cut them some slack until I see what they do in the draft and the rest of the FA season.

And I had to snicker just a touch when Alshon could only get a one year deal.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X