No announcement yet.

NFL 2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a positive note for da Bears: nice onside kick recovery. I re-watched all four Bears kick-offs and they set it up in the first half.

Here's the kicking formation after the first Bears TD:

They already have the overload (6-on-3) on the left, but kicked it deep.

Now, here's the second half kick-off and the onside kick attempt:

Same 6-on-3 overload and the Titans' unit wasn't really paying attention. The two guys in the middle are still talking and the guy on the left isn't even watching the kicker.

After this, they learned their lesson and lined up with 10 up front for kick-offs #3 and 4

Comment

• Cool. Special teams won't be priority in next draft.
      What will be?
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• A special teamer who can catch a football.

Comment

• Jesus:

Former New York Jets running back Joe McKnight was shot to death in an apparent road rage incident outside New Orleans on Thursday, the Jefferson Parish sheriff said. McKnight was 28.

Horrifying.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Drinking the Kool-aid again. Wish me luck.
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• It seems like the Bears realize they are about to win the game and screw up their draft pick so they decide to commit penalties or drop passes so they don't win. Actually, at this point that's fine by me. Of course that was the ninth(?) come from behind win for Detroit this year.

Comment

• So, yea, Jeff Fisher is out as the HC of the LA Rams.

Bleacher Report had this little gem about Fisher:

Comment

• Right before he got let go, my wife was commenting to me on "How could this guy still be a head coach considering how bad his teams have traditionally done"
                  As always, she was a few steps ahead of the curve.
                  The timing is a bit bizarre. The only thing that made sense was that there was a master plan with someone they really wanted ready dot go. But nothing has been announced so what the heck was the rush.
                  Firing the head coach without a plan B in place seems more Bearlike.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• The only thing I can think of is that they'd like to be the first to invite candidates.

Word is also that the Rams aren't done with the firing and that the front office will be cleaned out too.

The only plan they have is to sell many PSLs for the new stadium...

Comment

• on to plan C then.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• It seems pretty clear that Fisher lost the locker room. Why keep him around?
                        With the LA market, they should have their choice of candidates.

Early speculation is Kyle Shanahan.

What they really need is for Goff not to suck.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Shanarat Jr? The King of the Cutblock?
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                            on to plan C then.
                            Still, could be worse...

Comment

• Yeah, I liked that stat.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Inevitable, I suppose...

Gus Bradley is out

Comment

Working...
                                X