• Show
Clear All

• Demonbinder
    replied
    This for a team that I figured for only three or four wins this year:

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    Thx for the details. I hadn't heard yet.

Leave a comment:

• ColdWizard
    replied
    Very.

BOSTON - Former NFL quarterback Doug Flutie says both of his parents died within an hour of each other.

Flutie says in a statement posted on his Facebook page that his father, Dick, died of a heart attack in a hospital in Florida, where the family moved years ago.

He said Wednesday that less than an hour later, his mother, Joan, also suffered a heart attack and died.

Flutie wrote: "They say you can die of a broken heart and I believe it."

Flutie did not elaborate on the circumstances of their deaths, but called them "incredible parents and grandparents" who had been married for 56 years and were always there for their children.

Flutie played for several teams in his 13 NFL seasons including New England, San Diego, Buffalo and Chicago.

The Bills released a statement to offer condolences to the Flutie family:

"Everyone within the Buffalo Bills organization was deeply saddened today to hear the news of the passing of Doug Flutie's parents. Doug remains one of the most beloved figures in our franchise's history and our deepest sympathies and condolences go out to Doug and his entire family during this most difficult time."
    Link

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    Doug Flutie had a bad damned day.

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    Yeah, last night's loss sure started up that discussion again. I was listening for less than 20 minutes this morning in the car and heard it in a few different places.

Leave a comment:

• NICE MOBIUS
    replied
    Reality.

Only two of Cincy's victories have come against teams with a greater than .500 rating.

I think it's a good loss to have, a good wake up call so to speak. Dalton, in particular, needs a wake up call.

I can see us losing against Arizona next week too, but we've coasted on an easy schedule, with most of the remaining games favourable too.

We need some tough games into the closing stretch and for Dalton to feel the pressure, otherwise it'll be one-and-out with Dalton choking again in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• ColdWizard
    replied
    Six points for Cincy? WTF happened to them?

Leave a comment:

• Donegeal
    replied
    I suddenly have a new respect for Ditka.

Leave a comment:

• ColdWizard
    replied
    Packers are so demoralized by the Broncos and Panthers that they're now losing to Detroit (and forgot how to tackle Golden Tate).

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    4 TD throws for Cousins. Running game relevant.

Meanwhile in St. Louis, Gurley mysteriously not destroying the Bears.

It's a world gone mad.

Leave a comment:

• ColdWizard
    replied
    My tv is broken. Shows the Redskins winning 47-14 and the audio is messed too.

Leave a comment:

• Zopperoni
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Demonbinder
    replied
    Originally posted by rah View Post
    Or they could have lost the last two that they won and been tied with the Lions for a much better draft pick.
    I almost would have preferred that scenario.

Leave a comment:

• Demonbinder
    replied
    Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    Luck may or may not be playing hurt, but he is definitely playing without protection.

Post-Peyton Indy GM (Ryan Grigson) has had three years to give him an offensive line and/or a decent defense, and has failed utterly to do either. This year, Indy spent its 1st round pick on the 6th-best WR, (Phillip Dorsett, 5'9", 180, 11 catches), who is even smaller than TY Hilton. Did they draft or sign any quality offensive linemen? No. But they did sign 33-y.o. WR Andre Johnson ($21 million, 3 yrs), DE/LB Trent Cole, 33 (2 yrs, $14 million) and RB Frank Gore, 32 (3 years, $12 million). Nice cap management! And just in time for Andrew Luck's rookie contract to run out, yay!

It's a case study in how to destroy the value of your franchise player.

And although I've indicted the GM, Grigson is really just doing the bidding of a meddlesome owner. Jim Irsay fancies himself a football guy despite the fact that his only qualification is inheriting the team from his daddy. (His degree is in journalism!) But I digress.
    Well, he must have been playing hurt. He is now out 2-6 weeks. But, of course, I sat him this week in fantasy and he had one of his best weeks.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Yeah, there is some fierce "competition" for those top 5 draft picks...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X