Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pchang
    replied
    Are the Browns actually good? Was getting rid of Hugh Jackson all it took? Did adding Jackson to the Bengals staff make them suddenly worse?
    Last edited by pchang; December 23, 2018, 17:57.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Yeah, the fake punt was a bad move by Nagy, but hey, he's a first-year coach. I'll cut him some slack.

They played well enough to put the game out of reach anyway. Solid game plan on offense, decently executed. And the defense was again rock solid.
    Great to have the beloved Bears back in the playoffs after all these years in the basement. The future looks bright.

Leave a comment:

• Demonbinder
    replied
    NFC NORTH CHAMPIONS!!!

And they broke the no INT streak on a possible TD pass, to boot.

Knew they would run the fake and the exact play. Only bad call of game. Can't do it unless you had a larger lead. But we love the win.
    Last edited by Demonbinder; December 16, 2018, 17:22.

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    Too bad about Callahan

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, Seattle!

• Demonbinder
    replied
    I agree, but it was nice to see them actually use the ground game. According to Matt Forte on the post game show, they also did some different things to get holes and have such good yardage for Howard.

With the Vikings loss "magic number" is down to one.

So glad I went out to my father's place last night to watch the game with him. Our building has been having problems with DirecTV since Saturday with intermittent pauses ranging from one second to five minutes.

Still not fixed so tonight's game was frustrating.
    Last edited by Demonbinder; December 11, 2018, 00:13.

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    Yeah, sometimes it amazing to me how a daring coach won't seem to put them away and will revert to true conservative coaching. Do what got you there. Under 2 minutes is something different.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    True dat. As soon as the Bears were up by 9, next series they ran on 3rd-and-7.

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    But if they had been up by more they would have resorted to their "prevent" defense that prevents nothing. Think Green Bay and New England. So you never know.

Leave a comment:

• Demonbinder
    replied
    As my nephew said, if Mitch Trubisky had been had been anywhere near competent last night they would have blown out the Rams. But this time, it was the defense that came up big and stopped the running game which shut down their offense. Announcers (and others) keep comparing them to 1985 Bears but I think they are more like the 1984 or 2007 team. Now if they can get some hellp from Seattle tonight....

Leave a comment:

• pchang
    commented on 's reply
    He took a bad angle to pursue and then compounded it by stumbling. He did play some DE, but clearly not recently enough to help here.

• rah
    replied
    Yeah, I assume he was so shocked when he discovered that he would actually have to run that he just fell right over.

Leave a comment:

• ColdWizard
    replied
    Originally posted by pchang View Post
    I do not get it. How is Rob Gronkowski playing defense on the last play of the game?
    I would assume to defend against a hail mary.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Well, Philcember is off to a great start. 2-0. Chargers hit 10 wins for the first time since they had LT.

Still to come. Chiefs, Ravens, Donkies. Extremely thankful that they have very nearly clinched.

Chargers are in with Fins loss, OR Ravens loss, OR Steelers loss. Steelers still have KC and the Pats coming off a shock loss to the Fins.

Leave a comment:

• pchang
    replied
    I do not get it. How is Rob Gronkowski playing defense on the last play of the game?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X