No announcement yet.

NFL 2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoping the new regime is better in FA.

Comment

• Has a team ever cut their entire team and started over?
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• This year's Eagles and 49ers teams pretty much did that. It's striking to compare their rosters this year and last.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• At least the Eagles kept their coach.
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• You say that like it's a good thing.

Initially, I though Kelly would develop into a fine NFL coach - maybe even quite quickly. Had him classified as "innovative thinker." But based on his off-season moves and their apparent results, I'm now leaning more toward "egotistical maniac." Plus there's that whole "maybe racist" whisper campaign based on his dumping LeSean and DeSean.

I sincerely doubt that we'll have a chance to see what a fully developed Chip Kelly NFL team can do. He'll likely get run out of town first.
            Last edited by -Jrabbit; September 30, 2015, 17:27.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The 49ers are last in the league PF and next to last in PA. So they are a dumpster fire right now. Eagles still have Kelly and are not a dumpster fire yet. Thus Kelly > no Harbaugh. Besides, the Eagles ran the ball decently with Mathews against the Jets so now he just needs to teach the rest of the team how to do it.

Also, years as a Redskins fan has taught me that a coaching carousel frequently leads to dumpster fires and other unpleasant situations.
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• We are quite familiar with coaching carousels in Chicago and concur that they frequently lead to those.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• We won one!

I'm OK with a 2-win season, as long as those wins are against the Steelers.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Going for it on 4th and 1 in OT, in FG range -- WTF was Tomlin thinking?
                    Then he doesn't give it to Le'Veon? Even more WTF.

A decision so stupid, it looked like the game was fixed.
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The only thing worse was with Ben Hurt and my backup QB hurt on my Fantasy team, THINKING that FLACO would be a good choice to play against the steelers crappy secondary.
                      AND THEN watching that game.

BAD BAD DECISION.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Just caught up with the end of the Seattle-Detroit game, and how the officials basically handed the game to Seattle with a missed call.

Chancellor made an amazing play to cause the Megatron fumble, but KJ Wright CLEARLY and intentionally batted the ball out of the end zone, which is a penalty. This happened in clear view of the back judge. Should be Detroit's ball on the 1.

The rule is clearly stated:
                        Rule 12, Section 4, Article 1(b) applies the term “illegal bat” when “any player bats or punches a loose ball (that has touched the ground) in any direction, if it is in either end zone.”
                        Good link at this website:
                        Late in the fourth quarter in the Lions-Seahawks game, Calvin Johnson fumbled the ball in the end zone. After the fumble, Seahawks KJ Wright knocked the

The video is indisputable:

WTF, NFL? Is it too much to ask that the officials know the rules????

Pathetic. Condolences to Detroit fans.
                        Last edited by -Jrabbit; October 6, 2015, 15:39.

Comment

• Megatron and the Lions must think the NFL has it in for them.

Comment

• Yeah, seems like a lot of 'woe is me' resignation instead of wrath and outrage coming out of Detroit.

Me, I'm wondering about Seattle. Seems like they come out on the right side of these calls with some regularity.

Comment

• I don't like Seattle. I don't like Carroll. Another Jimmy Johnson, leaving destruction and penalties as they move on to other opportunities.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I figured you for a big Jimmy Johnson fan, Slowwy.

But yeah, Pete Carroll did seem to duck around the corner just as the sheriff was knocking at the door at USC.

Comment

Working...
                                X