Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    The US was lucky to get the result it did. Ghana dominated the game from 20 minutes in, up to a bit after their goal. I heard someone said the US seemed to do much better when we needed a goal and that seems to be right. Our gameplan was not all that great for most of the game.

I'm VERY happy for the win (which I don't think we deserved), but if we play like that against a Portugal team that is angry, we'll get destroyed.

Heck, if Ghana was better at finishing, they may have scored 3 goals - they had the chances. What was it, 20 shots?

Leave a comment:

• pchang
    replied
    I am happy, but with Altidore hurt, the USA will be hard pressed to get a point off Portugal.

Leave a comment:

• Tuberski
    replied
    About time we beat Ghana!

ACK!

Leave a comment:

• N35t0r
    replied
    Playing like that, I don't see us with a lot of chances

Queue a repeat of last WC.

Leave a comment:

• Main_Brain
    replied
    Müller

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Messi

Leave a comment:

• Main_Brain
    replied
    Stirling(sp?) was a delight, Rooney a nonshow.

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Tedious? It's like you've never seen Greece play (though it seems if someone scores early against them, they can actually play an interesting match).

Also, Poor England. I felt that the Welbeck substitution was a bad mistake. The team seemed to lose some energy right afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• kentonio
    replied
    So happy Spain got hammered, they're such a tedious team to watch.

Leave a comment:

• Dauphin
    replied
    Casillas gifted a goal, I don't think he was that bad otherwise. He could do nothing about the first, arguably fouled for another. It was the defence on the ropes after the second goal that you felt the concentration dropped.

If I were Chilean I would fancy a pop at going through at Spain's expense (said before I have seen the Chile-Australia game - about to catch up now)

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    I listened to it on radio (will watch later). From what I read on Facebook, the Dutch savaged the Spanish offsides trap, consistently beating it. And Casillas apparently played really, really, really bad.

Leave a comment:

• H Tower
    replied
    I didn't have a chance to watch, What the hell happened? Is this spain getting old finally? They've been the best for a long time.

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    5-1...

No words.

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Un-****ing-believable...

4-1

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui