Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snoopy369
    replied
    I thought the Illini were a very solid team this year. They were a heavily 3-point shooting team, meaning they could beat anyone but also were vulnerable to losing to anyone (see: Harvard, beating a solid if not spectacular New Mexico team [RPI: 2] and then losing to a weak Arizona team by twenty). I think in the next few years Illinois could easily be back to the top five in the Big Ten, hanging with Michigan/MSU/OSU/Indiana.

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    Did anyone see the graphic about Georgetown losing to double digit ranked teams for like the last 5 years?

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Mildly surprised and kind of proud of my Illini for not folding vs. Miami, a 2-seed with clearly superior talent, tonight. I liked Bruce Weber well enough a coach, but John Groce is a definite upgrade. Especially come tournament time -- looked what happened to Kansas State in the first round.

A fun first week, resulting in an interesting Sweet 16. Guaranteed to have at least one cinderella story in the elite 8 (LaSalle/13 vs. Wichita St/9), and possibly more with two more double-digit schools still in the mix (Florida Gulf Coast - a freakin' 15 seed - and Oregon/12). Yet amid all the upsets, the East Region still managed to advanced its top 4 seeds.

Leave a comment:

• snoopy369
    replied
    There's a prize for lowest score, right?

Leave a comment:

• MRT144
    replied
    Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
    OSU has been a virtual lock to get to the Final Four as soon as the brackets were announced. Gonzaga? New Mexico? Arizona? Notre Dame? Every team in that bracket is a fraud.

The South is much the same; Michigan is looking good right now, but they could collapse into a heap of fail at the slightest provocation (such as no longer playing 30 minutes from campus). Of course, Florida is also incapable of looking good away from home, and Kansas lost to TCU for ****'s sake.

This whole season is reminiscent of the 2007 college football season, where nothing made any goddamned sense whatsoever.
    Agreed. This is why I love college sports!

Leave a comment:

• Guynemer
    replied
    OSU has been a virtual lock to get to the Final Four as soon as the brackets were announced. Gonzaga? New Mexico? Arizona? Notre Dame? Every team in that bracket is a fraud.

The South is much the same; Michigan is looking good right now, but they could collapse into a heap of fail at the slightest provocation (such as no longer playing 30 minutes from campus). Of course, Florida is also incapable of looking good away from home, and Kansas lost to TCU for ****'s sake.

This whole season is reminiscent of the 2007 college football season, where nothing made any goddamned sense whatsoever.

Leave a comment:

• snoopy369
    replied
    I'm pretty much toast in every bracket. This one is probably my best shot... if Michigan beats Kansas I'm in a decent spot in two brackets, this and another (with Michigan and Ohio State in the Final Four) but it would take a combination of things to have any chance at all.

Leave a comment:

• Guynemer
    replied
    I'm doing much better in the EDSBS challenge; Nimrods have been extremely impressive thus far.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Do what? Try to keep a thread active? WTF are you even talking about?

Troll.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    You do this for pretty much every team that's an up-and-comer when they wash out after finally getting some respect.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    ...says the man who didn't even submit a bracket.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Good Ol' JR and his 20/20 hindsight...

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    So glad to see that Gonzaga finally got the respect they deserved with a #1 seed this year...

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Holy crap, GO HARVARD!!!

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    In and i'll try to make sure DAD enters his picks this morning.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X